The Denny VNC - what errors have you discovered?

kaz3g

Hi everyone

DJP suggested that we put our heads together and pick out the errors we can see on the new Denny VNC.

I'll have go and say that the ERSA gives Corowa NDB as 380 same as previously but the chart says 392. The airfield also appears to have shifted as has the NDB. Amazing, as it was put there in the last war!

Kaz

My hand is up!

I also noticed the frequency for Swan Hill is wrong and the whole thing is a bit of a mess. Not too hard to guess what might happen if someone prangs because of the errors.

kaz

I also noticed the frequency for Swan Hill is wrong and the whole thing is a bit of a mess. Not too hard to guess what might happen if someone prangs because of the errors.kaz

........the Screaming Skull will be prosecuted under Strict Liability?

I can't guess. CASA will say pilot error. What sayest Kaz?

CASA most probably will... they seem to have made just about everything the pilot's fault under the proposed new regs.

My interest is more in what a Court might say. If two pilots collide while listening to two different frequencies while acting in reliance upon the information provided on the chart, there is certainly the bit about see and be seen, but I would be surprised if, in the event such an accident did happen, ASA were not joined as a party and held to have also been negligent.

I have emailed ASA pointing out there are multiple errors and reminding them (1) of their risk exposure and (2) that they are subject to the "fit for purpose" provisions of the Australian Competition and Consumer Act (former TPA) which state at cl 54 of Schedule 2:

54 Guarantee as to acceptable quality

(1) If:

(a) a person supplies, in trade or commerce, goods to a consumer; and

(b) the supply does not occur by way of sale by auction;

there is a guarantee that the goods are of acceptable quality.

(2) Goods are of acceptable quality if they are as:

(a) fit for all the purposes for which goods of that kind are commonly supplied; and

(b) acceptable in appearance and finish; and

© free from defects; and.........

I have asked for a replacement chart free of defects.

I'm not holding my breath.

kaz

kaz

• Like 3

Simple solution to all this is to ring Airservices on 1800 026 147. You should find they're only too happy to take advice - and in most cases actually need the advice. I heard the story of some idiot ringing them and whingeing over an airstrip that hadn't existed for over 20 years appearing on a map. Once someone actually rang them to tell them it was removed on the next edition. Airservices couldn't believe it had taken 20 years for someone to let them know!

I'd also recommend being polite also - these guys are here to help us.

• Like 1