gazelle rebirth

campslive

029_crazy.gif.9816c6ae32645165a9f09f734746de5f.gif hi all just heard some great news for gazelle owners,they are once again about to hit production lines with a few changes ,one of them being a slighltly faster wing option with larger fuel capicity as well and full alloy wings not wooden.

new wooden props are also ready for sale as i spoke to them today,and they are being made here in australia,brisbane.

great news for current and future owners

good luck coastal aviation.

i hope you do well,

• Like 8

029_crazy.gif.9816c6ae32645165a9f09f734746de5f.gif hi all just heard some great news for gazelle owners,they are once again about to hit production lines with a few changes ,one of them being a slighltly faster wing option with larger fuel capicity as well and full alloy wings not wooden.new wooden props are also ready for sale as i spoke to them today,and they are being made here in australia,brisbane.

i hope you do well,

Hallelujah!

BTW - with all the rain here in Melbourne are they considering a version with floats? prop.gif.61637aee349faef03caaa77c2d86cf41.gif

Is it possible to put the wheel on the right place on the Gazelle? (I believe they are different to your average Skyfox?)

apparently these guys have spent the last few years converting skyfox''s into gazelles by changing the wheel around???

029_crazy.gif.9816c6ae32645165a9f09f734746de5f.gif hi all just heard some great news for gazelle owners,they are once again about to hit production lines with a few changes ,one of them being a slighltly faster wing option with larger fuel capicity as well and full alloy wings not wooden.new wooden props are also ready for sale as i spoke to them today,and they are being made here in australia,brisbane.

i hope you do well,

That is good news. It would also be good if they have a retro fit u/c like the kitfoxs and the euro fox now has.

• Like 1

Maroochydore, not quite Brisbane but only an hour & a bit up the road. I presume that they will be based in the GA area at the Sunshine Coast Airport which is in Mudjimba just across the river from Maroochy. Hmm rents are pretty high & its a full RPT airport so maybe Caloundra is a better bet.

The Scarefox and the gazelle used to be made in Caloundra all those years ago. I am not sure why they went broke but a couple of TAA captains used to own it if I remember correctly. This is the first time I have heard of the rebuilding of them. I looked at the website stated here and it is at Maroochydore and there is a fair amount of aircraft work being done there so maybe it is done there but there is no mention of it on that website

That news just gave me goosebumps!!!Never have I seen a stronger or simpler ultralight trainer than the little Gazelle. I'll be lining up for a new one!

......Except that for those over 6 feet tall and/or with long legs, we can't fit inside!!

......Except that for those over 6 feet tall and/or with long legs, we can't fit inside!!

Not necessarily true - we've got a couple of guys over 6 feet in the Gazelle and a couple of the "big boned" variety. Just takes a little more effort getting in but once seated they all talk of being quite comfy (once they're in). Helps if the instructor's slim though!

The only mention of anything Gazelle-ish on the website http://www.coastalaviation.com.au/ is that they manufacture components for "Skyfox". Ten years or so ago there was a GA school based at Maroochy & they had about 5 blue Gazelle's on line.

guys i spoke with the owner rob stowe 07 54488991,they are just going thru all the required documentation etc from casa and raa sign offs,and there web site and a formal add will be in our magazine in the next few months,on the phone rob explained he was there airframe builder yrs ago and has also done many conversions from skyfoxs into gazelles,also explained the nose wheel was designed by whitney[built the boomerang]

he has a very good memory and built over 100 aircraft for the company before it closed its doors and one of his builds was my very own aircraft,he even recalled the original owners name,which i looked up in my aircraft log and he was correct,

his aim is to build a mid class affordable robust reliable and proven aircraft,he has also designed a new all alloy slightly faster wing,but i am not certain of prices,he did have new certified props in stock[wooden]

• Like 1

This is so good to hear, I've been flying a Eurofox taildragger in preparation for putting my Skyfox back in the air( next month ) and reckon the Skyfox/gazelle aircraft would be a top notch aircraft with a couple of minor tidy ups( metal wings ,not really minor!) .The Eurofox is a little wider in the cabin, a little faster( not much though,inspite of the advertising) ,the gear is a bit wider set, and the baggage area is better thought out, all not huge issues in what is one of my favourite aircraft at the moment,

Met

good luck on your rebuild,and you also have a good contact for any spareparts etc,,

cant wait to see some pics of your bird once she is completed,,

like you i like the look of the eurofox and speed etc but the price tag $91k aust is way out of my league,,,

my aim at this stage will be a new set of alloy wings down the track,to hopefully pick up that extra ten knots or so ,but at the same time mine only has 1140hrs airswitch so no big rush,,