How long does it take you to get to your airfield

Admin

How long does it take you to get to your airstrip?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. How long does it take you to get to your airstrip?

• None, the airstip is on my property
    • Less than 15mins - I'm in a country town
    • Less than 15mins as I live close to one
    • 15 to 30 mins
    • 30 to 45 mins
    • 45mins to 1hr
    • Over 1hr to get to the airstrip where I normally fly from

2hrs each way for me. i live 10 minutes for archerfield they have RAA aircraft but not the ones i want to fly. So i drive to gympie because they have the Sportstar aircraft.

2hrs? that sucks....I feel for you. Thats 1/2 the day just driving....poor bugger

Doesnt Kev Walters have a sportstar?....Shafs give him a ring he is out near atkinson dam it would only be 30 or 40 mins from your place

I'm about 30 seconds from my hangar and strip. Only problem is the strip is only 140 metres overall so experienced Savannah drivers only.

Mark and Shafs, the sportstar at Kev's is no longer available

Well my T500 is hangared at North Gabbin which is 3 hours one way from my place to the hangar door where I also have an old caravan I sleep in. Being so far away means an overnight stay in the old caravan or at Pol's place (700m through the scrub) if we talk too long into the night.

Pud.

PS. Just drove 10,000 kms there and back, just to go for a fly with farri and maj - would do it again in a heart beat!!!

With some of those trips, I guess I shouldn't complain about having to taxi for a kilometre because the council keeps closing the grass strip at my back door every time it rains...bad_mood.gif.04f799b8c2da677a1c244b54433f2aa7.gif

Just wish it didn't wear tires so much.

I'm about 30 seconds from my hangar and strip. Only problem is the strip is only 140 metres overall so experienced Savannah drivers only.Mark and Shafs, the sportstar at Kev's is no longer available

Do you know why

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...