Incredible helicopter control.

petetheprinta

Does anyone remember this? I believe it may have been the Sydney Royal Show?? It would never be allowed nowadays. Mores the pity, some spectacular flying even if somewhat unsafe.http://www.wimp.com/helicopterflying/

And why do you think it is "unsafe" ---- just what is safe and unsafe, except for personal opinion.

Risk is a different issue, you can measure risk, and if you can measure it, you can manage it.

The display crew are well aware of what they are doing, are entitled to voluntarily assume the risks they are taking, and the aviation law (since the Act was amended in late 1990's) and case law better support voluntary assumption of risk now, than when this was filmed.

They are nowhere near the crowd, if you wanted to do a display like that now, I think there is a high probability that you could. CASA wouldn't necessarily be the problem, if there was a problem, but public liability insurance would probably be quite hefty.

Cheers,

• Like 1

I do remember this because I was there, at the time, I was a RAAF musician playing on a stage at one end of the stadium. It was the Royal Sydney Show in 1990. A fantastic display although I did think at the time not without danger, I could see some potential for an accident but sill pretty awesome.

I do remember this because I was there, at the time, I was a RAAF musician playing on a stage at one end of the stadium. It was the Royal Sydney Show in 1990. A fantastic display although I did think at the time not without danger, I could see some potential for an accident but sill pretty awesome.

Lucky you, I would loved to have seen this.

• Like 1

Great flying skills, anyone know who the pilot is?012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

A search of the www. found this however I cannot say if it is correct or not.

"The original Snoopy pilot was Major Ross Rundell. Or Rossco Rundell. Chief instructor at Oakey Aviation aIrbase. His first display was totally made up as he went along."

been thinking about this sort of thing of late.A USA airshow is ussually pretty spectacular now days ,but here? well it gets kinda boring! last few airshows we've been to were pretty rank,most exciting thing was the hotdog stand,unfortunatly its because of the lack of entertainment that the shows here are not drawing the big crowds,.I understand the liability issues but other than the ussual Chris Sparou doing some aero,s not much happens .I rarely bother going to them anymore,,seen 1 you seen them all... bring back SNOOPY im happy to sign a liabilty waiver (I have to to be operated on which I class as a higher risk and not as fun.!

been thinking about this sort of thing of late.A USA airshow is ussually pretty spectacular now days ,but here? well it gets kinda boring! last few airshows we've been to were pretty rank,most exciting thing was the hotdog stand,unfortunatly its because of the lack of entertainment that the shows here are not drawing the big crowds,.I understand the liability issues but other than the ussual Chris Sparou doing some aero,s not much happens .I rarely bother going to them anymore,,seen 1 you seen them all... bring back SNOOPY im happy to sign a liabilty waiver (I have to to be operated on which I class as a higher risk and not as fun.!

You can't hand off a tort, so neither waiver carries any weight these days, and if someone gets hurt it's pretty good evidence that someone else stuffed up. The cases tend to go one way, then the insurance becomes prohibitive.

Looks like a army helcopter, Bell206.

Yep, the reason I was interested in the tail number, is because it is possible that that aircraft may well be in our hangar.

I had a photo taken by my old man at an airshow I attended in the 70's ( I was around 8yo) of A17-001 doing a routine, then I got to work on the same aircraft(001) just last year.