what would you liketo see at an airpark?

flyerme

Lately been thinking about an airpark and wondering what people would like at such a place? Besides a runway for every directions and the usual airstrip fundimentals .?

was thinking a hanger for each guest with inbuilt unit (3-5 star)with a good selection of aviation dvd's.., . a restrurat/cafe/bar /museum featuring antique aircraft as the centre piece,A comunity lounge,with wifi ,(internet access).would also be thinking a Pilot shop(of coarse stocked with all Ian's goodies).. some work shops(as 1 of my passions in making wind socks could have a build your own mini custom windsock? build your own custom wooden plane etc.) a maintenece work shop with lvl 2 on hand,fuel bowsers including UL and would stock all oils etc...

was thinking a little funa park and a little native vegitation trail(if out here you could admire the sand and rocks?lol). would definatly be opened to ALL travellers be it by plane train or automobile.

So what else would you like to see or have? after all Serious suggestions .have a good think what would make your stay worth while? AND INTERESTING ?

Lately been thinking about an airpark and wondering what people would like at such a place? Besides a runway for every directions and the usual airstrip fundimentals .?was thinking a hanger for each guest with inbuilt unit (3-5 star)with a good selection of aviation dvd's.., . a restrurat/cafe/bar /museum featuring antique aircraft as the centre piece,A comunity lounge,with wifi ,(internet access).would also be thinking a Pilot shop(of coarse stocked with all Ian's goodies).. some work shops(as 1 of my passions in making wind socks could have a build your own mini custom windsock? build your own custom wooden plane etc.) a maintenece work shop with lvl 2 on hand,fuel bowsers including UL and would stock all oils etc...

was thinking a little funa park and a little native vegitation trail(if out here you could admire the sand and rocks?lol). would definatly be opened to ALL travellers be it by plane train or automobile.

So what else would you like to see or have? after all Serious suggestions .have a good think what would make your stay worth while? AND INTERESTING ?

Sounds a bit like Frank's place !

Bob

A nice common area to build a big campfire where everyone could congregate and swap stories.

Or how about... for the times when everyone is waiting for the weather to pass - a nice big screen hooked up to a decent PC running flight sim software, with all the gear (yoke, pedals, throttle, etc).

Something for bored spouses to do, so they feel catered to (massage therapy, manicure, group outing etc).

i have lots of good ideas for this sort of thing, as I have had similar thoughts for a guitar workshop/camp setup based on ones I have been to in the US. Can be very successful (and life-changing) if done right! Great thread!

• Like 1

Room to let with Aircon / wifi. Fuel food aircraft hanger / great people flying actively such as ribbin cutting / balloon chasing / bobcat bombing with flour .. Short field take off & landing competitions / spot landings just to name a few activity s :-)

• Like 2

Access by road and rail (as well as air) and fairly near (withing half hour travel) to a major city.

All weather runways (ie ones that don't get flooded after heavy rain) and lots of open landable ground around the field.

A VHF comm repeater so pilots could test their transmissions (See thread "Your readability is less than 1")

Clean and presentable showers and toilets for transient aviators.

Carport type shelters for transient (day tripper) aircraft.

• Like 2

what would i like to see? People actually using it! there are so many airfeilds around the place that are under/never used!

other then that... Did anyone mention an airport car ala what they do in the good ole' U S of A?

Avgas and Mogas on tap (lot of cost there though with internally bunded fuel tanks and the like.)

Spruce creek

@

http://www.fly-in.com/

has everything that one would want in an air park,

we have good friends who live there only trouble is that their hangar is filled with boats, Harleys, and other sundry non flying toys.

but plenty of flying toys there a very friendly team and all you need to do is stand under the oak tree in the morning and someone will offer you a ride into the sky.

cheers

Davidh

Oh, I forgot to add:It would be nice if the airpark were close to the beach so the missus can go for those long walks on the sand and for a dip in the water.

Speaking of which, I know of an airfield that could be made into all of the above. There is a consortium trying to bring the airpark to life, but against the efforts of an obstructive and greedy council.