Dum & Dumber

Guest john

Bob Hawke told us Australians some years ago that we are now the Clever Country. What a lot of bullshit.

Around the world in aviation at present, Australian Aviation must now be seen as being administered by a"DADS ARMY" team.

The actions of CASA & RAAus now mean in reality that there is no point in investing in a new or Second Hand Plane because RAAus will not process the paperwork in either registering the new plane or transferring the registration from the previous owner to the new owner.

While all this fiasco is going on , what are all these so called elected committee members & employees of RAAus going to do which we pay for with our hard earned money. Are they going to voluntarily suspend their salaries & lerks & perks instantly, in the same instant manner with which they have suspended aircraft registrations, that is with a stroke of the pen It appears that all they can now do constructively is shuffle the chairs on the sinking "Titanic".

While the rest of the Aviation World sit by & watch all this crap unfolding in Australia they are obviously thinking that instead of Australia being the clever country, they are surely the dumbest country.096_tongue_in_cheek.gif.d94cd15a1277d7bcd941bb5f4b93139c.gif

While the rest of the Aviation World sit by & watch all this crap unfolding in Australia they are obviously thinking that instead of Australia being the clever country, they are surely the dumbest country.096_tongue_in_cheek.gif.d94cd15a1277d7bcd941bb5f4b93139c.gif

The answer is that RAA membership is claimed to be 13,000 - that's thirteen thousand subscriptions.

The number who vote at elections is around 300, or 2.3 per cent.

In the 18 months to two years since rumours and facts of serious issues were raised, a few dozen members made an effort to get things fixed, while other members shouted them down, and continued to destabilize what they were saying.

I'd say it's self inflicted.

• Like 5

The answer is that RAA membership is claimed to be 13,000 - that's thirteen thousand subscriptions.The number who vote at elections is around 300, or 2.3 per cent.

In the 18 months to two years since rumours and facts of serious issues were raised, a few dozen members made an effort to get things fixed, while other members shouted them down, and continued to destabilize what they were saying.

I'd say it's self inflicted.

Well said Turbo,

I have been talking the dangers of member apathy for years, but it has fallen on deaf ears as most members "just want to fly". - Well without a well run and effective Association they will not fly. As is shown above.

RAAus is an Association of members with flying privileges, and these privileges come with responsibilities. The general membership must embrace these responsibilities and become involved in the running of their Association. As well as asking questions, and demanding answers from the Board, they must nominate for a board position if they are able (to give something back), and above all vote in the Board elections. Just count up the number of current Board positions where there was no vote. Some long standing Board members have never had to face a vote. If you do not vote for, or question your local Member, human nature being what it is, the Member will do their own thing, the rules of the constitution and proper procedure will not be followed, and they almost certainly, will not represent the views and wishes of the majority of their constituents. If this gross member apathy continues there will be no flying for those who "just want to fly".

Re the recent actions of CASA. - CASA are just doing their job as the regulator. - As they should. - It is the RAA that is not doing it right.

Regards,

John McK

• Like 9

John, I also want to thank you and Nick for the work you do under circumstances where you would be copping the collective blame.

Qld Members should be stepping up and personally reinforcing what you say, and that will have an overall impact.

• Like 1

The current draconian actions of CASA & RAAus of instantly suspending registrations & transfers of all RAA type aircraft has now opened up another can of worms whereby CASA & RAAus have left the door wide open for possible legal action to be instigated against both of these beauracratic organisations for Financial Consequentioal Losses suffered by those Aviation Organistions that manufacture & sell new aircraft around the world & those members who are in the process of buying a second hand plane.

Just imagine what is going through the minds of Aviation Company Executives in Australia today who employ staff to build & manufacture these type planes. They would now be thinking to themselves that there is no point is keeping staff on to stock pile aircraft that can't be sold & registered, or members who are wanting to sell their planes to prospective buyers.

The mentality of CASA & RAAus is obviously, who cares a shit. We are the so called authorities & all the little people will do as we say.

The days are gone where there is discretion & common sense no more in Australia.

Theres an old saying,"Where theres life theres hope"

Lets all hope that any CASA or RAAus employees who are in the process of buying or selling a new or Second hand RAAus type plane that they force by people power the beauracrats that have instigated this draconian action to have the issues resolved sooner than later.

Those of us that are old enough, will forever remember that Hitler who was the worlds madest man, imposed this type of draconian rule over his people, & at that time the majority of the little people believed in what he was doing until it was too late.096_tongue_in_cheek.gif.d94cd15a1277d7bcd941bb5f4b93139c.gif

The board is a board of management, not a board of directors, and as such they run RAA, not the CEO.

The term CEO was given to Lee Ungermann, and in my opinion was a huge mistake - after all how many executive officers do you need to have a chief executive officer - maybe in a National Company, but certainly not in an Incorporated Association without a Head Office, Branch Operations, Subsidiary Entities etc.

• Like 1

This is the third time that RAA has failed the audit from CASA. The Board has had enough warning form them to get their act together, and have failed, so down comes the big stick. Lets see how strong the they are in making sure that all the boxes have the right ticks in them

From what I understand, the issue is with CASA, who cannot legally delegate authority to issue registrations and licenses etc, including AOC's. Maintenance authorities etc, to other entities, and not even CASA themselves have the legal power to issue conditions to those licenses and authorities mentioned.. Which brings into question the conditions on AOC'S issues to GA and airline operators. (but CASA won't do anything about that side of the issue, just smack RAAus around a bit till its sorted)

So basically RAAus cannot issue or transfers registrations of RAAus aircraft as CASA has no legal right to allow RAAus to register aircraft with the conditions that make our aircraft able to operate, the 560kg limit, the 2 seat max etc etc.

Or I could be totally wrong.. I guess we will know for sure on Monday.

John, I also want to thank you and Nick for the work you do under circumstances where you would be copping the collective blame.Qld Members should be stepping up and personally reinforcing what you say, and that will have an overall impact.

I stood up... My member didn't seem to understand the question. Very disappointed to say the least. The real shame of this is that Steve is a good bloke I believe... I just don't get where he has been coming from?

GFA don't issue licences either...but close enough, as do the HGFA, the balloon, gyro and parachute people. I think there are 6 delegated bodies. Gliders are VH registered, but I think the GFA does the checking and regulation to recommend the registration, or something along those lines. Balloons are VH too, but parachutes are pretty much nothing (or RA or HGFA if powered).

dodo

Guest Andys@coffs

Godwin he only had one law........

Goering, had two but very small....

Himler had something similar

But poor old Goebbels had no laws at all.