HEY GUYS!

camo645

Hey Guys,

My names Cam! Just thought I would drop in and say Hi. I Bit the bullet and organised my TIF down at Gawler for this coming saturday! Really looking forward to getting up there and seeing what its all about.

Cheers,

Camo

Thanks mate! Getting really excited and its only monday! 029_crazy.gif.9816c6ae32645165a9f09f734746de5f.gif

I still have trouble sleeping the night before a flight.

It used to be the excitement of tomorrows flight - now it's the restlessness of the pressure to fly correctly the next day 062_book.gif.f66253742d25e17391c5980536af74da.gif

I think I am trying too hard. I must remember to enjoy the journey of training.

I had trouble sleeping the night after my TIF, thinking about all the things I didn't do right, hang around these blokes for a while Cam, you will learn heaps but every time you learn something you will also become aware of the 50 more things you have yet to learn. I think it will turn out to be a bit like learning to play golf, don't ever plan to finish learning.

Camo, what are you flying in ? You'll love it, I have my own aircraft at Aldinga, I love just looking at the weather forecast and go, " I think I'll go to Truro, or up the Murray river today". The sport is awesome, most of the people are just the same, there is some politics ( as you will see here) but for the most part, if you are doing it the right way, the system will be there to support you. Good luck, safe flying and welcome.

Camo, what are you flying in ? You'll love it, I have my own aircraft at Aldinga, I love just looking at the weather forecast and go, " I think I'll go to Truro, or up the Murray river today". The sport is awesome, most of the people are just the same, there is some politics ( as you will see here) but for the most part, if you are doing it the right way, the system will be there to support you. Good luck, safe flying and welcome.

Hey Patrick! I'm doing it with Adelaide Soaring Club, Guessing in one of their Jab's (think they have a 170 and 230?)

Hey Patrick! I'm doing it with Adelaide Soaring Club, Guessing in one of their Jab's (think they have a 170 and 230?)

You'll almost certainly do the TIF in a J170 as they have three available. Those of us not flying can be found sitting outside the club house judging every take off and landing. After a TIF it is usual for prospective pilots to learn how to wash a plane, so I'll bring my J170 around for you to use during that lesson. augie.gif.8d680d8e3ee1cb0d5cda5fa6ccce3b35.gif

• Like 1

Hi Camo. i have a J170 at Gawler. Good club and a good bunch of guys to talk c..p with after flying. Ignore J170 owner he hasnt got over 4 volunteers washing my plane for me the other weekend. i didnt even have to ask them. LOL. The instructors are good at Gawler and yes you will do your TIF in a J170. you might even get to go up in the clubs new J170d they just purchased. I bought their old J170 from them. Hope to meet you at Gawler soon.

regards gibbo.

Hey Gibbo! Its good to hear there are some people based at Gawler on here! I'm guessing it gets pretty busy out their over the weekend? I'm really looking forward to getting out there, meeting people and learning. How long have you been taking to the skies over Gawler?

I first flew at Gawler 17 yrs ago in Gliders. I got my certificate, cross country and passenger endorsements and then gave it away after getting a scare. I started learning Light Sports after doing a TIF at RPA Murray Bridge around April this year. I flew at RPA for quite a while but the drive was getting a bit much so I moved my training to Gawler. I actually went to Gawler to buy their J170 to continue learning in. I did my solo at Gawler then my certificate and then passenger endorsement. I have just started my nav's so that my wife and I can go travelling. I am also in the process of building a hangar for my plane at Gawler. Be careful once you get hooked it is very hard to stop. Just ask my wife. LOL. I did my first nav last Saturday. We flew for 1 hr at around 3500 ft in smooth conditions and clear blue skies. Those flights just make you want more. A guy went solo last Saturday while i was on the field and his HUGE grin from ear to ear brings back great memories of me going solo not that long ago. Like i say be careful it is addictive once you do that TIF.

• Like 1

Camo: Have a great flight on Saturday and welcome to Aviator (not so) Anonymous.

You're first TIF should be a really great experience, but sadly, that's not always the case. Mine was so bad it put me off learning to fly for 20 years. If you're not happy after the flight, don't give up like I did. Try another TIF at a different school or with a different instructor. Like in every other industry, there are good and not-so-good instructors. If you get a lemon, don't think that they're all like that. Go to someone else.

Flying is, and should be fun.

Yeah, I had almost as many instructors as flights in the early years. I rated them from appalling to crash hot and they probably did the same to me.

I guess everyone is different in that respect, everyone has a different teaching style and everyone has a different learning style. Really Hoping for good weather on Saturday, CAN'T WAIT!!

What time are you flying Saturday? Weather looks good. I am at sea all weekend so no flying for me. The thermals will be working later in the morning but nothing too much as the heat hasn't really got going yet. Early morning and late afternoon are the best times to fly powered aircraft. Don't forget to post and tell us all how you get on.

What time are you flying Saturday? Weather looks good. I am at sea all weekend so no flying for me. The thermals will be working later in the morning but nothing too much as the heat hasn't really got going yet. Early morning and late afternoon are the best times to fly powered aircraft. Don't forget to post and tell us all how you get on.

Scheduled for 2pm!