• I have 3 aircraft still registered Ok
    • I have 4 (or more) aircraft still registered Ok
    • I have 1 aircraft that has been grounded
    • I have 2 aircraft that have been grounded
    • I have 3 aircraft that have been grounded
    • I have 4 (or more) aircraft that have been grounded
    • I think the Board (President) communications around the grounding are Ok
    • I dont believe the board (President) communications are accurate

The political process is an option open to all members as citizens of this great country. Representation to politicians is a powerful tool in progressing change, so long as the case is reasoned and a collective view is being put forward. CASA is not the villain in this dispute, but rather it is our own ineptitude. Simply put, our structures and processes have failed, and need to be put right. A bit like going to the Doctor.......ignore the problem and suffer the consequences. Too many people in RAAus are trying to self-diagnosed and looking to alternative remedies. Get real folks what we have now a is large, and growing, community business that demands contemporary administrative structures equal to the corporate sector. We also need a strategic plan that reflects back what many on this forum are saying about the future of RAAus. Don't mix up the governance process with management/administration, and don't go to politicians unless you are sure as to what it is you want.

Pete

• Like 4

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GA aircraft (incl experimental) owners are requested this info every year. I think it is for statistical reasons. I guess RAAus pass this info on.Cheers

You are right - they do - to the Dept of Infrastructure & Transport (BITRE). The results are published each year - see 2010 as an example - with RAAus statistics under Sport Aviation.

http://www.bitre.gov.au/publications/ongoing/files/General_Aviation_Activity2010.pdf

Sue

I am grounded (Jabiru J170 24-7021). My rego expired Wed 28 Nov. I was due to do my 2nd solo nav last weekend but could not fly.I paid my renewal on-line on 11 Nov, but it has not yet been renewed to date.

I called RAAus on Wed 28th and was told to check back on Fri 30th. I also received an email on Wed as follows: "Your payment has been received in the office however due to Casa restrictions all aircraft are being audited before the renewal is being processed, you will be advised if there is anything that is required on your aircraft file. We are working on getting these done as quickly as possible.".

When I rang on Fri 30th, they said they could not give an estimate of when my file would be reviewed. I was told they had a huge backlog and were hoping it would be cleared by Xmas. Eric.

Wow .... , I received surprising and fantastic news late on Friday that my registration has been renewed. So I was able to fly today and do another solo nav (Goulburn - Ben Chifley Dam (near Bathurst) - Orange - Goulburn - 3 hrs engine time). I am very happy. So it seems they are making in-roads into the backlog. Eric.

• Like 1

Guest Maj Millard
Major. Since day dot? The game started long before he turned up.

Ozzie, There's a common saying, that if you remember the 60s , you weren't there !...........well as you know I, like you, spent most of the 70s jumping out of perfectly good aeroplanes, (most of the time anyway !) . There's a lot of the 70s I don't remember too clear either !!...........

insane.gif.b56be3c4390e84bce5e5e6bf4f69a458.gif 034_puzzled.gif.ea6a44583f14fcd2dd8b8f63a724e3de.gif 033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif 023_drool.gif.742e7c8f1a60ca8d1ec089530a9d81db.gif

I do remember the newspaper reports and photos of those ULs on the grass, in front of parliment house though. Don't really know what year it was, but it did make a good impression on a lot of future UL pilots. It was a pivotal moment for us, and Middo did a lot toward making it happen that day. I met him back in Camden when he would come over from Bankstown and fly jumpers for us all weekend, when we needed a jump-pilot.

I think Middo was in the 'department of name changes' at that stage, and I don't really know if he had a lot to gain in helping us out then, but he did...................................................................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest Maj Millard

I don't know about that Turbs, it does sound like he's in there helping out a bit now though, when help is obviously needed !....There's no doubt someone dropped the ball big time in respect to the CASA audit position. Whos' responsibility was it any way ??...CEO, President, or secretary, or the board, or a combo of all of them ...enquiring minds would like to know, and it is a point that needs to be bought up at the special Gen meeting for sure.

What a lot of people do forget though, is that most Raaus exec positions, and especially board-member positions are basically volenteer time, and unpaid........................................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

I think the "techie" blokes at head office, are regarded as experts in their field. The board would not scrutinise them as they might do other things. Everything goes OK till it doesn't. Casa may have taken them unawares with an overview after the ferris incident and all the "bad" things came out. It was likely that the sort of thing that came to light then was not typical of the way things are done generally in RAAus.. I can't see the 4 "audits" in a short time (If that was really how it happened) being much more than a massive lack of what was expected by both sides not dovetailing anywhere together. Only the members suffer and In an arbitrary way. The LSA thing is a dogs breakfast anyway. We are NOT an airline. CASA just grounded one in the N.T. The owner is not impressed and reckons he is doing things right.. They put Whyalla Airlines out of business when in the end it appeared to be a metallurgical fault with the 540's crankshafts. Nev

I agree with most of what you said Maj... What bothers me most is that we as members were not kept in the loop of what was happening....A couple of emails I sent to SR were given the good old " don't you worry about that" type answers and I firmly believe that as members we deserve more............B

• Like 2

totally pissed .....thats why !!!....i cannot help misquoting anyone!

Looks like I will have to make the flight across the big pond to MoT (Map of Tassie) to check out that micro distillery in Hobart once the rego is done

Where did you say you hang out CFI?