Hangar

Compulsion

With site prep, hangar, construction, concrete around $30k. Not a cheap exercise by any means. If I hadnt paid cash for all but the hangar it would have been around $36k. I laugh when people think renting half of the hangar $25 per week is expensive. Easy fixed. Go spend $30k and get your own.

• Like 4

With site prep, hangar, construction, concrete around $30k. Not a cheap exercise by any means. If I hadnt paid cash for all but the hangar it would have been around $36k. I laugh when people think renting half of the hangar $25 per week is expensive. Easy fixed. Go spend $30k and get your own.

Your dead right there John not to mention your site rental at over $400 per year.

Alan.

Hey Comp,

To put the price in perspective, what are the dimensions?

And yes generally renting is cheap & hangars make bad investments............

Good On ya John. Looks good. Hangars are expensive andif you can't afford one renting is cheaper. They are far from a bad investment Mick. My hangar has been fully paid for with the rentals I provide in the last 5 years. Now my flying fees, site fees and ergo etc are now free. The hangar just keeps getting worth more and more as spaces get rare.

Woops I posted again.. Look out for the rocks

Mardy

Looks like about a 10m x 10m, and paid $30k?

I guess it's a case of available money but a 10m x 20m would be a lot less than $60k, and you could rent 2 spaces....?

I built 18m x 24m (plus office annexe) and cost me about $65k 'cause I wanted to collect ultralights, and I did...

Mostly other peoples' 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Only took 12 months to go from;

full.jpg.78163d7e49bf060026bb43b4fcc9534e.jpg

I really wanted two hangars, but council stuffed that up!

PICT0235.JPG.d39dbdbc363215459030d0546aa8e455.JPG

I wouldn't read into it much Sapphire. Just a extension of the commonly used saying. "The person who dies with the most toys wins". You must have heard that saying before ?

Vaguely yes. It's a bit of a paradox-rather not "win" this game. It implies you have to die first.

I am taking it all with me. Like the pharohs did.

Your post has reminded me of a TV show I watched when I was a young fella. It was a TV show showing some people in the USA getting buried in their flash cars. I mean the peeps & the vehicles where both buried. They couldn't let them go I guess.

Yes dazza, it's quite common in the USA. Guy loved hunting so they bury him in his hunting outfit clutching his 12 gauge, stuff like that. Kinda weird to most of us in Oz but they don't bat an eyelid (the living friends and relatives that is, as well as the corpse one would hope). Good to be different I guess. Being buried with a fire extinguisher might figuratively be of more use for some folk though.... 068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif

Er not OT very much.... great hangar Compulsion!

Yes dazza, it's quite common in the USA. Guy loved hunting so they bury him in his hunting outfit clutching his 12 gauge, stuff like that. Kinda weird to most of us in Oz but they don't bat an eyelid

We buried my old man in his flying suit - he had it for flying in his mates Tiger Moth in Canberra in winter.

I just bought half of a double T hanger for 4k. Basically its a big garage with wing extensions. I might extend it & make the wing extensions the same depth as the rest at some stage but for now it will keep my aeroplane dry and secure & that's all I need.