Feb 9th GM

Guest Andys@coffs

Will you be there  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be there

• Yes just me
    • Yes me and a group (details of group size minus you below as a reply to the thread)

Guest Andys@coffs

People

The group Im a part of has asked the exec as to its plans for the GM in terms of location and ability to cope with a crowd. What we dont understand though is if it will be me and the group Im part of and a few locals, or half the organisation.

To that end can I get people to vote if they will be physically attending Canberra on the 9th of Feb 2013. If you are part of a group and you can see that no one else in the group has voted (just click on the link in show results to see who has already said they will be there) can you add a reply saying something along the lines of ".....and 6 others" so we can work out if we are talking about 10-100 or 1000

I realise this isnt scientific in that we cant get the whole of the RAAus membership response, but if we can see that there will be 100+ physical people there and the room only holds 50 then we know automatically we have a problem and can try and get it resolved before the issue is apparent on the day when nothing can be done about it....

This poll has nothing to do with proxys, that will be addressed in coming weeks, rather its just about how many bums we need seats for.

Again, if you choose the 2nd poll option please ensure that someone else in the group hasnt already voted that way. I realise it isnt exact but its orders of magnitude that we need.

Andy

That's right David, the issues, reasons, corrective action have been very cleverly buried in a fog thread by thread and it's not surprising that there are still posters asking what all this is about.

Forums are definitely not a good way to conduct a campaign and address issues

Maybe Ian would let you produce a locked thread with a summary of the issues, details of the Meeting, location etc,, proxy details - a central point where all members could be referred?

Sorry to have to say but the main cause for many threads is that many users are unable to stay on topic thus going off on tangents, tangents that are often valuable subjects that could be discussed in their own right but different to the topic on hand of the specific thread they are in.

If you have any ideas on a way to clean up these threads then please make a suggestion on what would be the most beneficial and I will look into seeing if it can easily be accomplished

• Like 1

Sorry to have to say but the main cause for many threads is that many users are unable to stay on topic thus going off on tangents, tangents that are often valuable subjects that could be discussed in their own right but different to the topic on hand of the specific thread they are in.If you have any ideas on a way to clean up these threads then please make a suggestion on what would be the most beneficial and I will look into seeing if it can easily be accomplished

Ian,

Could one of the Magnificenti Moderatti possibly add a summary of what has been discussed in each thread to the list that someone already started of threads in the Governing Bodies section?

I would offer to prepare it, but I have taken a strong position on the running of the RAA and wouldn't want your Forums to possibly be accused of bias.

Oooops .... looks like this thread has gone off-subject too.

Regards Geoff

PeopleThe group Im a part of has asked the exec as to its plans for the GM in terms of location and ability to cope with a crowd. What we dont understand though is if it will be me and the group Im part of and a few locals, or half the organisation.

To that end can I get people to vote if they will be physically attending Canberra on the 9th of Feb 2013. If you are part of a group and you can see that no one else in the group has voted (just click on the link in show results to see who has already said they will be there) can you add a reply saying something along the lines of ".....and 6 others" so we can work out if we are talking about 10-100 or 1000

I realise this isnt scientific in that we cant get the whole of the RAAus membership response, but if we can see that there will be 100+ physical people there and the room only holds 50 then we know automatically we have a problem and can try and get it resolved before the issue is apparent on the day when nothing can be done about it....

This poll has nothing to do with proxys, that will be addressed in coming weeks, rather its just about how many bums we need seats for.

Again, if you choose the 2nd poll option please ensure that someone else in the group hasnt already voted that way. I realise it isnt exact but its orders of magnitude that we need.

Andy

Would there be any value in adding a "proxy vote" option to your survey?? just a thought.....Cheers B

To All Interested RAAus Members,

Some weeks ago after Middo set 9.2.2013 as the date for the forthcoming EGM, an email was sent to him requesting he arrange for a more suitable venue for this meeting to be conducted in a safe environment considering the volume of members that intend to be present, however to date there has been no response from Midddo.

Accordingly a request has been sent to Sue the Administration Manager today, to follow this matter up with Middo before it is to late.096_tongue_in_cheek.gif.d94cd15a1277d7bcd941bb5f4b93139c.gif

Ian,Could one of the Magnificenti Moderatti possibly add a summary of what has been discussed in each thread to the list that someone already started of threads in the Governing Bodies section?

I would offer to prepare it, but I have taken a strong position on the running of the RAA and wouldn't want your Forums to possibly be accused of bias.

Regards Geoff

Geoff, in terms of the forums being accused of bias...well that ship sailed a long time ago.

The site at the moment is NOT what I had dreamed of however it is serving a purpose that has been directed by the users and I gave up trying to steer the ship a long time ago...back in the old days when my objective was to try and save lives, now it has turned into trying to save RAAus and it has become, in my own personal opinion, a mess. Hopefully in due course when the RAAus job has been achieved, I can return to enjoying the site again...heck I have asked so many times for help and advice from users in terms of suggestions on how to improve the site and get bugger all replies, Polls that I create get bugger all responses so I question is the site still providing a solution to a need, maybe not mine but yes, it is in that you, the users, are directing its future and the future at the moment is in the site being biased to achieving a greater good for the whole RAAus and ALL the members.

So to answer your question Cap't, your offer to prepare a summary for everyone would be extremely well received and accepted, if you would like to do it, but if not, then I will when I get some time try and clean up the whole section but it is a big job with such a diverse range of issues having been raised

Geoff, in terms of the forums being accused of bias...well that ship sailed a long time ago.The site at the moment is NOT what I had dreamed of however it is serving a purpose that has been directed by the users and I gave up trying to steer the ship a long time ago...back in the old days when my objective was to try and save lives, now it has turned into trying to save RAAus and it has become, in my own personal opinion, a mess. Hopefully in due course when the RAAus job has been achieved, I can return to enjoying the site again...heck I have asked so many times for help and advice from users in terms of suggestions on how to improve the site and get bugger all replies, Polls that I create get bugger all responses so I question is the site still providing a solution to a need, maybe not mine but yes, it is in that you, the users, are directing its future and the future at the moment is in the site being biased to achieving a greater good for the whole RAAus and ALL the members.

So to answer your question Cap't, your offer to prepare a summary for everyone would be extremely well received and accepted, if you would like to do it, but if not, then I will when I get some time try and clean up the whole section but it is a big job with such a diverse range of issues having been raised

Ian,

How about I draft summaries progressively and email them to you to check and post in the summary thread.

Don't knock it Ian. The fact that forum members don't drive you mad for change or with suggestions might mean that they are pretty happy with what you are providing. I certainly am, and the level of Moderation/quality of Moderators is just about right too.

Regards Geoff

• Like 4

To All Interested RAAus Members,

Further to my earlier post today with respect to a more suitable venue for the forthcoming EGM on 9.2.2013, Sue the Administration Manager has advised today that this matter is presently being attended to & the alternative venue will be notified to all members in due course.

Ian,How about I draft summaries progressively and email them to you to check and post in the summary thread.

Don't knock it Ian. The fact that forum members don't drive you mad for change or with suggestions might mean that they are pretty happy with what you are providing. I certainly am, and the level of Moderation/quality of Moderators is just about right too.

Regards Geoff

Thanks Mate...subject to the approval of the Moderators, I could give you Moderator permissions for the Governing Bodies forum for you to do all this if you like, but if not then yes, just email me any updates you want and I will do it

...heck I have asked so many times for help and advice from users in terms of suggestions on how to improve the site and get bugger all replies, Polls that I create get bugger all responses

If its management had your drive for constant improvement, RAA would not be in this mess!

Stop worrying, Ian. Your site is working well.

• Like 5

The Flying Tigers will be sending three representatives and as many proxies that we can gather to the Special General Meeting in February (myself and two others)

Kiwi

• Like 1