Cheap 2 seater anyone?

Oh I never said I would be into the design thing. Far too busy diving in Bali, touring in europe

and enjoying my retirement. poking.gif.62337b1540bd66201712a53e2664c9b4.gif

Maybe you would like to post some pics or a youtube link of you flying a floopy while touring Europe or perhaps endeavouring to find the shark skin while diving in Bali that you talked of earlier. You obviously have time and money to burn.

• Like 1

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is the plane 5th from bottom? I thought up something similar

I don't know Mark, just something I found on the net when I wanted to demonstrate that trigear biplanes are nothing unusual. It looks interesting though, I guess it would unload the kite at speed and reduce its induced drag a bit, but whether the drag penalty of the increased wetted area wipes all the gain out again is another matter.

.... Far too busy diving in Bali, touring in europeand enjoying my retirement....

Hah, hilarious. Reminds me of any given Sunday at my previous flying club. Bunch of former fliers, now old miseries, sitting around drivelling on... All had done their regulation once-in-a-lifetime trips to Thailand and 'dived' on the trampled reef in 6ft of murky water, tried to impress a working girl at the bar and still got nowhere, 'done Europe' (on a 3wk bus tour of the tourist strip), blew the super, and were now reduced to digging rust out of the old Kingswood and polishing its chrome edged mud flaps while bragging about their wonderful retirement and honing their sarcastic tongues in the forlorn hope that someone might mistake their criticisms of everything or anyone in sight, for razor sharp wit. The other half, who really were having a great time, never mentioned what they were up to...

• Like 5

Guest ratchet
Hah, hilarious. Reminds me of any given Sunday at my previous flying club. Bunch of former fliers, now old miseries, sitting around drivelling on... All had done their regulation once-in-a-lifetime trips to Thailand and 'dived' on the trampled reef in 6ft of murky water, tried to impress a working girl at the bar and still got nowhere, 'done Europe' (on a 3wk bus tour of the tourist strip), blew the super, and were nowback reduced to digging rust out of the old Kingswood and polishing its chrome edged mud flaps while bragging about their wonderful retirement and honing their sarcastic tongues in the forlorn hope that someone might mistake their criticisms of everything or anyone in sight, for razor sharp wit. The other half, who really were having a great time, never mentioned what they were up to...

What drivel.

mate you know nothing about me.

I gave you some feedback you didn't like after you published on a public forum.

Now your ego is dented.

You should also have a care since if i was foolish enough to provide identifying details on this site which

could have identified me to the public then your assertion that i frequent prostitutes in Thailand would

be grounds for legal action.

Life is too short and i'm enjoying it too much.

I think you go back to your shed and continue your fantasy.

Or even better, don't bother to post if you can't take the feedback.

I truly care not one jot.

I regard this discussion as over.

You should too.

Guest ratchet
Oh I never said I would be into the design thing. Far too busy diving in Bali, touring in europeand enjoying my retirement. poking.gif.62337b1540bd66201712a53e2664c9b4.gif

Maybe you would like to post some pics or a youtube link of you flying a floopy while touring Europe or perhaps endeavouring to find the shark skin while diving in Bali that you talked of earlier. You obviously have time and money to burn.

But not the inclination to spend the time i have left/

If I was 22 looking for a Phd in fluid dynamics then i would most certainly line up to study the nonlinear

mathematics of shark skin fluid flow. Indeed, it is being studied right now in wind tunnel facilities in Australia at least.

Looks like you've decided how to spend your time.

Good on you.

This is too tedious.

I think i need to push that unsubscribe button

Onya mate, back to the shed ay?

ciao

....your assertion that i frequent prostitutes in Thailand wouldbe grounds for legal action....

Your trouble is you comment on things without having read (or understood) the post you're commenting on. Good cases in point were the folding mechanisms of my proposal, after having it explained three times you still thought the rear fuselage was to be removed. Another - the video I linked to of the Impact, you 'knew all about it' but clearly hadn't watched the video otherwise you'd know it wasn't assembled from 'bits', it all folds, and also that although it may employ some degree of weightshift it does in fact have three axis control surfaces in the form of astoundingly neat flaps, ailerons and rudders, but of course it was necessary for you to watch the video to know that...

And - as for me 'making assertions about you and Thai prostitutes', again if you'd read the post you'd realise that it was a story about people that your post reminded me of, not about you. But of course if the hat fits...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Guest ratchet
remember rachet, you are better than these commoners

True tornado aint trolling great....

[Mega moderate]

sysadmin please kill my account- save me a few key presses and my other, cover threads in other forums are now blown.

Nope. Let's see how you fare now that you've shown yourself to be a dik. - Mod xox

haha what a crock...

anyways, good on ya head in the clouds, dont let em get to you. I'm interested in your previous design as well if you want to say what it is or PM me?

haters gotta hate

• Agree 2

Thanks heaps for the support folks. I got some good CAD work done over the weekend but not as much as I'd hoped, the storms gave us a bit of a hammering so I had to spend half a night and all of Sunday/Monday saving AussieMozzie my current project, and the machinery, tools and electrics from the deluge.

All back to normal but having to catch up on work during the week. So just a few CAD hours and I'll have the model ready to produce some images which will now show it more shapely and also the fuse folded etc.

Hopefully Flyerme might have another chapter of Jack the Flyer to keep us going until I can get the images knocked out... banana.gif.5244d79bb1cc2e44e99be439b94ee777.gif

Cheers, Alan

• Winner 1

Hopefully Flyerme might have another chapter of Jack the Flyer to keep us going until I can get the images knocked out

I think there are a lot of people following that story Alan, I hope too that Flyerme can give us another chapter soon..good story hey.. 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

• Agree 2

fly_tornado said:

remember rachet, you are better than these commoners

True tornado aint trolling great....[Mega moderate]

sysadmin please kill my account- save me a few key presses and my other, cover threads in other forums are now blown.

Nope. Let's see how you fare now that you've shown yourself to be a dik. - Mod xox

Well I guess those of you who subscribe to this thread will have been able to use your email notification to read the full version of Ratcrap's rant. Sad and sick puppy with nothing to do and no friends, so he has to waste away his time wasting other peoples' time.

Always ends up this way with the trolls though, they think they're smarter than everyone else but it doesn't take much to test the limit of their intelligence and then they've nothing left to resort to but venom, bile and pointless insults. This one must have been even less bright than the average though - since he only maintained his cover for 10 days since signing up.

Interestingly I've a pretty good idea who he is from some of the things he listed in the 'dangerous things' thread. They were lies of course, because he certainly wasn't there for two of those he claimed to have been, but the words he used in describing them show who he heard it from...

Good riddance to bad rubbish as they say.... and back on topic.

• Agree 2

I am sure Rachet means well, but his ego gets the better of him.

The air frame is only part of the equation, after putting so much effort into cutting the costs in the air frame you are still up for considerable expense with the engine.

If only someone could come up with a cheap 100hp alternative to a Rotax!