Registration Update 29-01-2013

Admin

A good week last week and the piles continue to diminish. The only pile that seems to grow is the one where members have only provided part of the required information necessitating yet another letter from the staff. Following this is the report from the Independent Consultant. If I give you his report I won’t be accused of telling you porkies.

Progress Report No 8

Paul Middleton

Secretary RA-Aus 29

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Informative 1

A note for others about to submit their re-registration paperwork, the letter they send you asks for photo's of the placards. I was confused by that so sent photo's of the existing ones I had (X-wind, green speeds etc.) - what they are after is a panel-mounted MTOW placard, and (depending upon rego) a warning that persons fly at their own risk. For mine, a 24-reg, details at http://www.raa.asn.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Section-7.4.3-Annex-C-Warning-Notices.pdf. All other rego types listed at http://www.raa.asn.au/safety/technical-manual/

Hopefully this will stop wasting the RA Office's time, and get your rego done faster.

Mal

Whoohoo.....mine's on the list.

How long have you waited for your renewal?

I'm still grounded, I'm sooo over this!

The lack of any transparency or indication of when is very frustrating and even more so when I see others get renewals and in shorter time... I'm just waiting for them to ask for more stuff they already have and lost.

Cheers

Vev

How long have you waited for your renewal?I'm still grounded, I'm sooo over this!

The lack of any transparency or indication of when is very frustrating and even more so when I see others get renewals and in shorter time... I'm just waiting for them to ask for more stuff they already have and lost.

Cheers

Vev

My rego is due on Feb 13, bear in mind that it is a 20 year old 95.10.

I've been dealing with them since around '96 and never had any problems.

Funny thing, that report talks about "thoroughness and accuracy" however the following two lines do not appear to match.

1. (a) During the week commencing Monday 14 January I agreed to renewal of registration of ninety-seven aircraft. Details are listed on pages 2, 3 and 4.

During the week commencing Monday 21 January I agreed to renewal of registration of

the following seventy-five aircraft:

The list on pages 2,3 & 4 then contains 97 renewals and 4 new registrations.

I realise that it's a typo, but considering the context of the situation which generated the need for this report, one could be forgiven for wondering if this is an indication of the quality of the checking which is being performed......

• Caution 1

but considering the context of the situation which generated the need for this report, one could be forgiven for wondering if this is an indication of the quality of the checking which is being performed.......

It's the RAA way; if you are forced to do a job you don't want to do [report to members your progress on your f-up] do it in a half-assed manner. na_na.gif.fad5d8f0b336d92dbd4b3819d01d62e5.gif

It is good to hear that Middo feels that they are making some progress. However, I'm having a little difficulty in putting together these two quotes from Middo:

"This brings us to the present time. We have a huge backlog of registrations . . . "

and:

"A good week last week and the piles continue to diminish."

If 95 registrations in a week is a "good week" then the best we can hope for is for this situation to go on indefinitely as there are about 100 registrations come up for renewal every week at this time of the year and as low as 80 a week in the slower months.

Why can't Middo ever just tell us the plain facts?

For example:

The backlog at the beginning of this week stood at ..

xxx

... aircraft.

There were 95 registrations approved this week

There were ..

xxx

... registration renewal applications came in this week

The backlog now stands at ..

xxx

Based on this rate of progress, we should have eliminated the backlog by ...../...... /201?

Or will the facts only be revealed at the point of a cattle prod on 9th February?

Why is it that, according to Middo, there are only three people in Australia who are capable of checking a rego file?

And how is the form of this Board in seeking proxies from members for themselves because, let's be fair, all this wasn't their fault it was the faulty of the Boards of yesteryear!!! If that's not stretching credibility beyond breaking point I am no judge of how big a wopper has to be before you can say it is a downright lie.

Fair enough though for the new Board Members Jim Tatlock and Mike Smith. But the rest of the Board have been there long enough to be up to their elbows in it.

There is a strict prohibition under Privacy law for using members' addresses for personal political advantage. For example, under Privacy law, Board Members are not entitled to send out emails to all the members in their "electorate" to assist them to be re-elected (or to hang on to their Board seat). Election statements in the magazine are OK because it is a fair opportunity for all parties.

In my view, the letter Middo has put on the RA-Aus website and probably included with the February edition of the magazine is yet another gross abuse of his position as Board Secretary and about as ethical as the propaganda he tacked on to the Notice of the General Meeting. Both of these things have been done with no right of reply for the 300+ members who democratically requisitioned the General Meeting. It just confirms my understanding that this Board just don't understand the concept of "Good Governance" or even good manners.

Arthur B.

• Informative 1

Hi Everyone,

Due to a lot of requests by RA-Aus members in my local area I have decided to bite the bullet and attend the RA-Aus General Meeting at Queanbeyan on the 9th February.

I have had a number of people who trust my judgement request that I act as their proxy at the meeting.

I am happy to accept any proxies from members of this site who have not as yet made up their mind as to who should hold their proxy vote.

If you would like me to hold your proxy vote you need to complete it and Email it to me before Friday.

My details are:

Email

[email protected]

Details of proxy Holder: John Gardon

PO Box 154

Wardell NSW 2477

Member #5334

You also need to select whether you wish me to vote in a particular way on each question; or how I see fit, if you trust my judgement.

In addition to sending it to me, you need to send it to

[email protected]

by 09:30 on Friday or I suspect that it will be judged invalid.

Regards,

John Gardon

• Like 1

Golly

Hi Everyone,Due to a lot of requests by RA-Aus members in my local area I have decided to bite the bullet and attend the RA-Aus General Meeting at Queanbeyan on the 9th February.

I have had a number of people who trust my judgement request that I act as their proxy at the meeting.

I am happy to accept any proxies from members of this site who have not as yet made up their mind as to who should hold their proxy vote.

If you would like me to hold your proxy vote you need to complete it and Email it to me before Friday.

My details are:

Email

[email protected]

Details of proxy Holder: John Gardon

PO Box 154

Wardell NSW 2477

Member #5334

You also need to select whether you wish me to vote in a particular way on each question; or how I see fit, if you trust my judgement.

In addition to sending it to me, you need to send it to

[email protected]

by 09:30 on Friday or I suspect that it will be judged invalid.

Regards,

John Gardon

Golly, John.

Who are you pounding the hustings for so frantically at the last minute?

This makes the fourth time I've read your supplication.

Kaz