Threads Going Off-Topic

Admin

This is an advisory that a much harder line is going to be taken on this site to keep threads more on-topic. Recently posts have been straying away from the specific topic of the thread they are in.

In many cases the thread drifts are to topics that are very interesting in their own right and worthy of a separate dedicated discussion rather than a free for all dumping of posts in amongst posts attempting to discuss a specific topic.

Please, try to keep threads on topic and start new threads on any matter that may be a derivative of, but not specific to, the subject of the current thread

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

099_off_topic.gif.20188a5321221476a2fad1197804b380.gif

<link to new thread>

-------------------

This is probably the best way to handle it...too heavy handed is going to upset too many people. It does risk decimating the thread altogether, making a mish-mash of cross linked confusion rather than keeping (even loosely) linked subjects together.

I have seen some epic but valuable thread drifts in other forums that really were best handled the other way, by renaming the thread with a "<New thread title> (was <Old thread title>)".

Guest GraemeM

Bryon, looking at your "Scotch whisky is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy". Do you prefer single malt or double malt?

I purchased a port the other day that had been matured in a scotch wisky barrel, very nice.

Graeme.

Speaking of threads going off topic, there was this guy the other day.................roar.gif.571bd1320880f6a67bbabd7db32e09f4.gif

..... who told me that his wife was always complaining that he never listened to her - at least he thought that's what she said.

069_boring.gif.9cee54db3616ee9ac1231638d365dc2c.gif

rgmwa

There is just no helping us clowns is there Ian ... LOL

That is why I am very seriously thinking of just pulling out...let anarchy reign and sit back and watch the whole thing go spiralling down out of control...not what I started for this resource

That is why I am very seriously thinking of just pulling out...let anarchy reign and sit back and watch the whole thing go spiralling down out of control...not what I started for this resource

AAAhhh following the RAAus path:augie: