May Edition RA-Aus Mag

Guest bateo

Guest bateo

G'day Guys,

Just quickly, wondering if anyone hasnt recieved their May edition of the RA-Aus mag yet?? Both myself and my father havent recieved it as yet??

Sam

Any day now - when I spoke to Lee the other day he had a copy - on his PC I think, so it should be soon.

Was that your Tecnam I saw parked and tied down at Mudgee the other day close to the bowser?

Guest bateo

Thanks Ian,

Yes that was it, Poor old girl has to venture outside for a little while longer while we source a hangar/port. What brings you via Mudgee?

Sam

I went from Riddells here in Melb up to Port Macquarie and back again a week or so ago - trip report is in the Trip Report Forum.

Got stuck in Mudgee for a couple of hours waiting for Rani (???) to come out and start the bowser for me.

Guest bateo

Oh thats a pitty about the wait..Rani and Mike aren't onsite anymore, so unfortunately there is always a bit of a wait for pilots like yourself. If you had of known I would've just been 200 metres away at Commercial Helicopters.. I could of come and started the bowser for you.. Oh well.. next time. sounded like a nice trip

yep I actually never received the may edition either ,,,but when I saw it on the news stand I just had to take it home as I couldn't wait to read it :))

Guest bateo

I am glad I am not the only one.. Still 3 registered pilots here in Mudgee that I know of havent got their May edition??? Its only about a week away from getting June's! I might have to go and buy one but am bit disappointed, seeing the members fee increases and you don't get sent the magazines.

Guest David C

My June magazine was in the mail box this morning . Good to see the Camden Haven Flyin details in the Events calender . Thanks Ian .

Dave C

It is a very common but annoying problem.

As soon as the magazines come off the press they get distributed to the newsagents to maximise sales.

The copies destined for the membership are distributed at the bulk rate and are therefore classified low priority. It is not just the RA-Aus mag, they all do it.

The solution would be to hold back the stock for the newsagents a week or two whilst the members' copies go via Australia Post but that would be poor business practice.

Anyway, we are a captive audience with little bargaining power.

Guest pelorus32

Mine and my daughter's finally arrived today - they weren't there on Friday and they were today. So that's 12 June. Seems a little too late to me when the members' market's been up on the website for some time and the mag's in the shops.

Regards

Mike

Guest micgrace

Hi

I received my mag on 12/6. Never received Mays issue. Maybe the Postie is a bit of a fan as well???

Micgrace

Yep. The mag is late!

I received my copy in the mail yesterday 12th June which is late from my perspective.

This is off thread but the practise in the magazine of starting an article in the front pages and finishing it back on page 40 or whatever drives me insane! I have actually stopped reading other lesser magazines because of this practise but I can't do that with our mag! (Must be some sort of a hold over me:)) My feeling is that if an article deserves a start in the front pages then it deserves to be completed on consecutive pages. I always flip to the back pages "For sale" first anyway.

Off my soapbox now:laugh:

Cheers everyone,

Pud

RAAus Mag.

Got mine yesterday. 12th. One fault that I think should be addressed is the practice of printing the written articles over a background of full page images of various colours. Can't we just have black print on white paper, so we can read it. The ultra-shiny paper doesn't make it any easier to read either. Of course you don't have this problem if you don't receive it. ( ha-ha ) N....

Got mine on Friday 8th after sending a reminder email to RAAus last week. Unfortunately we had the biggest storm in 30 years and it was waterlogged in spite of the thoughtful postman wrapping the plastic wrapped June edition around it. Yes they both arrived on the same day.

I emailed RAAus about no May Mag. in the mean time I went and bought one, then 3 days later I recieved my May copy. Then a further 2 days later I recieved another. So now I have 3 copys. they also did respond to my email but a little late. I have copys if anyone wants one

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Vigilant

Mag no show

I too was in the group that never recieved the May edition of the mag :;)1:

I sent an e-mail to the address supplied by Cazza, it will be interesting to see if they send a back issue. 068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif