Why do they get it so wrong?

I just happened to flick the channel and saw the scene in the movie Face/Off where Nicholas Cage is trying to escape in a Lockheed L1329 JetStar. After John Travolta knocks one of the elevators off with his helicopter's skid (weak hinges there!!) young Nick shoots the pilot then, STANDING in the cockpit, steers the plane off the runway and into a hangar by turning the control column...

Good luck with that one!!

(Obviously leaving out the whole premise of being able to swap faces with another person to infiltrate their criminal enterprise and even fool their brother).

blink.gif.7ee21b69ed31ab2b1903acc52ec4cc3f.gif

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Yep they are clever so and so's. I watched "Parker" last night. Jewel thievery and what not.the unbelievable part is 'hotwiring' brand new transponder equipped cars in less then 2 seconds. Not. Possible.

Other then that pretty good movie.

Ok my turn,

In movies they still refer to and show "blue prints" of technical drawings or plans of buildings etc., even in a so called high tech show and the actor is viewing plans on an iPad the drawings are still shown as blue prints. The process was superseded some time after WW2, even ammonia prints and dye line prints were dinasaurs in the 1980's, still remember cleaning out the dyeline machine every Friday afternoon.

Maybe an image from a microfilm of a blue print if the bad guys are hiding some old warehouse

Must be getting to be a grumpy old man when useless cr..p irritates!!

• Like 1