Committee Members Resignations

Guest john

Guest john

The announcement today that the Treasurer has resigned his executive position as well as his representatives position follows on from the Claytons Ex President. As sure as night follows day there will be more forthcoming committee resignations from some of the existing committee members or else they will not stand again for reelection at the forthcoming AGM, knowing that it is unlikely that they would not be elected again whilst they have sat on their hands whilst Rome is burning.

It is apparent that those committee members who have & will resign have been relying on their respective positions for prestige purposes over past years rather that responsibility & accountability for all members, however the chickens have now come home to roost & it is now too hot in the kitchen for some committee members to remain in their comfortable respective positions. 096_tongue_in_cheek.gif.d94cd15a1277d7bcd941bb5f4b93139c.gif

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is apparent that those committee members who have & will resign have been relying on their respective positions for prestige purposes over past years rather that responsibility & accountability for all members, however the chickens have now come home to roost & it is now too hot in the kitchen for some committee members to remain in their comfortable respective positions. 096_tongue_in_cheek.gif.d94cd15a1277d7bcd941bb5f4b93139c.gif

048_surrender.gif.737a6283dfb1349140cc8b959302f540.gif .........................................004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif...................... 026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Guest Maj Millard

Had a beer and good chat with Myles at Old Sation recently. He was the only one to put up his hand for the recently vacated treasurers position. Didn't sound like it was move that pleased his partner too much, so I suspect that may have influenced his decision today.

It is obvious that Myles is also still suffering some psychological stress over the loss of the Dragon Rapide after last years Monto event. He was the one who organised the Monto event on our behalf, and invited the Dragon to join us all there, and perhaps he feels partly responsible for it's sad loss.

Myles has never been backwards in coming forward when things needed to be done on behalf of the RAAus, and the AUF before that, and has always been well respected by fellow members and pilots in his Queensland area.

I wish him all the best in the future, and always look forward to running into him for a beer at fly-ins. Thanks for all your efforts over the years Myles..............Maj....012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Here here Maj, Myles exemplifies the spirit of what and who we are as an organisation, it is a shame that he has had to leave the organisation from such a position, Myles has an extraordinary wealth of knowledge and skill that our organisation seriously needs, I hope he finds a way to significantly contribute to safe light flying that I know he loves dearly.

To those who want to knock the man for being in the heat of it and not putting their hat in the ring to help our struggling organisation, give him and any others a break, he might not want to divulge every last private detail as to why he can no longer give his time and energy to the organisation, maybe it is time for some others to lend a hand and keep us as an organisation going.

Good luck Myles for the future, I have an endless amount of respect for you as a pilot and a mate.

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 2

Just the Secretary left to go.Kaz

I think your making it harder for decent folk to put up their hands to run for office , if when they decide to give it in they can expect the fond farewell they seem to be getting now ,.

After all aviation makes us close and it's a shame we are starting to resemble a " civil war " type attitude ,

I think it's time that you great thinkers (and talkers) come up with some answers ,instead of rehashing the " problem "

The crew that's got us thus far have after all been responsible for our flying privileges for a number of decades now , and I for one say thanks !

Thanks Guys and Gals

Cheers mike

Spello fixed - Mod xx

• Agree 5

Guest Andys@coffs

Respect for Myles and the fact that he's apparently a good guy of course will go a long way to ensuring RAAus survives the oncoming legal tsunamei......oh hang on.....no it wont actually.....it required the team to have done the right thing at the right historic time....FAIL!

Management of RAAus is not a game it requires skills and life experience in boards of like sized organisations. It also requires members/owner involvement. We collectively have failed in both those areas for decades

Forgive the cynicism of the messengers of those facts, for which Kaz has been for many years, we have been yelling in the wind for years that all is not well and been actively poo pood by the board for the same time. Now when it appears that what we have been saying will happen is actually happening, a "good luck and farewell" seems a continuation of the naivety that got us to where we are today. Personally i do wish him well, but i equally wish he'd done a better job of governing with the rest of the team, and as we Aussies say, don't let the door bang you on the arse on the way out.

Andy

P.S for those that have trouble reading between the lines, the above represents my personal view and is not to be read as a statement of fact, those will of course come out in the oncoming legal actions , which will of course be too late...

You have to be objective about this Ross/Patrick: What's the point of being on the board, if not to change things for the better, being on the board to satisfy your ego or to protect your friend's interests isn't really good enough?

• Agree 4

Respect for Myles and the fact that he's apparently a good guy of course will go a long way to ensuring RAAus survives the oncoming legal tsunamei......oh hang on.....no it wont actually.....it required the team to have done the right thing at the right historic time....FAIL!Management of RAAus is not a game it requires skills and life experience in boards of like sized organisations. It also requires members/owner involvement. We collectively have failed in both those areas for decades

Forgive the cynicism of the messengers of those facts, for which Kaz has been for many years, we have been yelling in the wind for years that all is not well and been actively poo pood by the board for the same time. Now when it appears that what we have been saying will happen is actually happening, a "good luck and farewell" seems a continuation of the naivety that got us to where we are today. Personally i do wish him well, but i equally wish he'd done a better job of governing with the rest of the team, and as we Aussies say, don't let the door bang you on the **** on the way out.

Andy

P.S for those that have trouble reading between the lines, the above represents my personal view and is not to be read as a statement of fact, those will of course come out in the oncoming legal actions , which will of course be too late...

Maybe it's about time you Mob ran for office , it's quite clear that you have all the answers.

Ill vote for you .

012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

• Haha 1

Guest Maj Millard
You have to be objective about this Ross/Patrick: What's the point of being on the board, if not to change things for the better, being on the board to satisfy your ego or to protect your friend's interests isn't really good enough?

FT, I could reply to you're ill-informed post in many ways , however I will choose to do what many other forumites are now doing, and just ignore you..now and in the future..I frankly don't have the time for anyone who rarely has anything positive or constructive to offer anyway.............Maj...002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Guest Andys@coffs
Maybe it's about time you Mob ran for office , it's quite clear that you have all the answers.Ill vote for you .

012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Indeed....coming to a sports pilot magazine delivered direct to you....shortly.

As to having all the answers.......how could that be possible, we, like all other members aren't even aware of all the flogging issues yet!!

Andy

Indeed....coming to a sports pilot magazine delivered direct to you....shortly.As to having all the answers.......how could that be possible, we, like all other members aren't even aware of all the flogging issues yet!!

Andy

That's great to here , you've got my vote , best of luck ,

Who's got all the answers anyway ,

If there's one thing in your favor is that it gona take a skilled communicator & passion to move this mountain .

Cheers & again good luck

Mike

• Agree 1

Guest Andys@coffs

Mike

Im personally not running this year, however one of the team that I'm part of is running and is just as passionate about how things are as i am.

The reality is with the way our voting system is having multiple people from the same region contesting the single seat just gives the opponent a free leg up.

I'll support Michael Monk here and anywhere where i get a chance and will most likely stand next year in opposition to Paul Middleton assuming we are still a going concern at that time.

If not for our voting system and the way that RAAus members use it i would stand this year.

Andy

We can all sit around and sing 'one green bottle, hanging on the wall' until we're maudlin drunk, or we can consider changes that just might lead to a better organisation.

Without pre-empting the review of the RAA structure, it is so bleedin' obvious that the current structure has failed to take the organisation through from its early days to its current situation, that it would be lauhgable were it not so unfortunate.

The first thing that HAS to go, is representation dictated by geographical area. There is NO logical reason for this: the rules and regulations under which RAA members operate are entirely national, not regional (if anyone can disabuse me of that notion, please do). What is desperately needed is recognition of the skill/experience set that needs to be on the Board, and election to fill that skill set.

Let me expand: we (probably) need to have on the Board, expertise in specific areas. Let's say: certification, training, legal, corporate management, financial management - just for a start. With the current system, the Board is elected from geographical areas and those Board members who have some sort of skills in an area (probably, or perhaps hopefully) are tasked with oversight of those areas. What we need, is the election of Board members BEST SUITED to provide those skills - no matter from where they come. It does not MATTER if a majority of Board members with those skills happen to be concentrated in one area - the quality of their input to the management of the organisation is what matters.

I suggest further that we DO need representatives from geographical areas who can represent the interests of the organisation to geographical authorities: State government lobbysists, for want of a better description. State members might want to vote on these, by regional basis. However, these do NOT need to be Board members per se - though some Board members might well end up having dual roles.

If anyone can present evidence that Board membership not ditctated by State boundaries has in any event furthered the specific interests of State members, I invite them to let us all know.

• Like 1
  • Agree 8

Perhaps you can prove that the current state boundary considerations HAVE caused problems. I can't and I don't quite understand what your last sentence means. It's quite likely that state boundaries had to be taken into account when the show was first incorporated, and that would be imposed on it.

I would agree that there would be few state specific problems, but apart from having a hypothetical situation where most of the high intelligence and skills existed in some states and not others, and we were therefore compelled to accept inferior candidates by the restrictive rules. How would you like to argue THAT case? nev

Guest Andys@coffs
Without pre-empting the review of the RAA structure, it is so bleedin' obvious that the current structure has failed to take the organisation through from its early days to its current situation, that it would be lauhgable were it not so unfortunate.The first thing that HAS to go, is representation dictated by geographical area. There is NO logical reason for this: the rules and regulations under which RAA members operate are entirely national, not regional (if anyone can disabuse me of that notion, please do). What is desperately needed is recognition of the skill/experience set that needs to be on the Board, and election to fill that skill set..........

Have you logged on to the members only area of RAAus and read the proposal that Spencer Ferrier and Geoff Kidd put forward, its, in my opinion, a rough diamond in need of some more cutting and polishing but addresses some of your points....

Every member should log on and have a read.

I will make the point that the reading is far easier if you have the org chart open and to the side or printed when you review the text.....

The team Im a part of absolutely want change, its why the Feb 9th motion was voted and why the meeting happened in the first place. Its my personal opinion that the usual "nothing to see here move along" board responses meant that subsequent claims by them that the meeting costs aren't money well spent become true.......That is of course laid at our feet rather than the bit of inward naval gazing required of the board....

Anyway, if you (broadly not just Oscar) haven't read the documents please do. With some luck its roughness and or complexity vs lack of understanding may drive members to become interested enough to pen a submission.......

Andy

Many forces and actions and re actions have brought about the present dreadful outcome. I think it is dangerous to assume this or that was the cause. I can't see how you blame rules for something when generally they were disregarded frequently.. You are mostly witnessing the results of human behaviour and interaction which can never really be predicted and eliminated by rules.

By all means if we are undergoing change do the best you can to have the best rules, but don't write new ones on any assumption that they have to or will cure something that has a most complex cause that can't really be analysed satisfactorily.

In other words don't over react. The constitution will have to match a "standard " format to a great extent also. This organisation outgrew the ability of the board to cope with it's size and complexity, and didn't manage the "big picture"...

Some of the less than reasonable comments here would not make someone who want's to help, OFFER to do the job for us. Knocking is the easy part. By any reasonable assessment the current situation would not be easily resolved by the most gifted of boards .

Anything I have known of Myles , he is a decent bloke. Nev

Stopping to think about it, what actual advantage do we get from having proportional representation (or for that matter ANY representation) in RAAus?

In an organisation that is required by CASA to certify pilots and register aircraft in compliance with the law how much input can the general membership of any particular state actually have? Can any state's members gain any advantage (or be put at a disadvantage) in such things as funding through their state members? What do RAAus actually spend money on other than compliance and administration (and legal costs)? 033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif