Stolen plane in WA

Guest airsick

Guest airsick

Received this today. Let's keep an eye out and hopefully we can track this aircraft down.

Cheers,

Mick.

Members are requested to be aware of a missing aircraft that has alleged to have been stolen.

The aircraft was flown away from the Northam WA airfield between Sunday 9th and Tuesday 11th June.

The aircraft is a Jabiru SP6 with 3.3litre 6 cylinder engine and holds registration number 19-3253.

The engine serial number is #068 and the aircraft currently has a Jabiru two blade wooden propeller.

Members are requested to contact Operations if they are aware of the aircraft location on 0428 282870 or 0400 280087 or email

[email protected]

and are not to approach the aircraft or any persons associated with the aircraft.

Jill Bailey

Assistant Operations Manager

Recreational Aviation Australia Inc.

0400 280087

I read that it had about three hours worth of fuel on board when it disappeared, and also that main gear spats were not installed at the time.

rgmwa

Here is a picture of the aircraft:[ATTACH=full]22708[/ATTACH]

That's the first plane I built !

That's my first plane !

Gee

I sold it after two hundred hrs back in 1998

Gee

I just signed the no ASIC petition ,hope a terrorist didn't steel it .!033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif

It won the best jabiru 2000 nat fly , from Rod Stiff , has a burl walnut instrument panel and the stripe is 2 pack not vinyl , should be easy to spot , could be coming to the east coast ?

It was the 2nd sp. 6 built , I remember it through a spinner at 2000 ft after take off at bundy , I thought the the engine was gonna fall out ! Brings back memories ,

Also I did the first taxi tests today in the Avocet , actually I'm real nervous about flying it again , ( I spose that's a good thing , Hay ?)

Cheers Mike

What good would it do anyone,surely it will be seen,seems a little strange

Sometimes, and I emphasise sometimes, people do similar things to get out of hock.

Also I did the first taxi tests today in the Avocet , actually I'm real nervous about flying it again , ( I spose that's a good thing , Hay ?)

Good luck with that Mike and don't forget to buy some chaff for the equines as well.

• Haha 1

It won the best jabiru 2000 nat fly , from Rod Stiff , has a burl walnut instrument panel and the stripe is 2 pack not vinyl , should be easy to spot , could be coming to the east coast ?It was the 2nd sp. 6 built , I remember it through a spinner at 2000 ft after take off at bundy , I thought the the engine was gonna fall out ! Brings back memories ,

Cheers Mike

Congratulations about the taxy tests, naturally you'll be nervous but it'll be fine ... Go Mike!

Ahhh good news for the owner, hopefully no damage done but I'd imagine you'd want to get it gone over with a fine-toothed comb since you have no idea how hard the landing was or if unsafe maneuvers were performed or ????

Seems a really small pool of people who could have done it, hope they're caught!!