Weather for Flyin

Admin

Today being Wednesday is not good with a severe low passing through but all indications are that it will be ok for Friday, Saturday & Sunday once the low has passed.

I think you guys are being a little pessimistic about the weather for the weekend, although it makes sense to if you're flying. Haven't you seen the 4 Day Forecast charts on the BOM website?

I think you could not have hoped for better forecast weather . . .

i was thinking the same thing! looking at the 4 day charts, it looks like it will be nice weather! nice big high over the area, nice clear skies and stable air!

looks perfect to me! :)

even might get some goot tail winds on the way up from the south! and some nice tail winds if returning on the Monday!

Guest Fred Bear

I know. Looking at the charts they say perfect. Satellite pic shows a different story and forecast (Sydney is no matter) so at the moment the Bureau is in a kind of "We really are not too sure, we will cover all bases" syndrome. Give them another day and I'll see what the go is.

Hey Darren, I think you can count on it being perfect flying weather at The Oaks this weekend. I know this because I'll be working with no chance of flying. Now next Tuesday that will probably be a different matter, just like last Tuesday.

David

What about us Queenslanders............. have to lodge an IFR plan;):confused:

She'll be right 500' along the beach, besides the plane needs a good wash!

J;)

If anyone around the fly-in area is up bright and early on Saturday morning and has access to the forums would appreciate a post on a local pilot's perspective on the weather around Camden Haven. Might also give Ian or someone a call if a post can't be made.

Forecast looks reasonable for our planned route which is Canberra across to Wollongong then up the coast. As long as we can get across to Wollongong we should be right under any cloud along the coast...we could use a wash too :)

Cheers,

Matt.

you will be right, there is always a way through, well except maybe a week or so back........keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif

See you there!

J

Guest Fred Bear

You know where you always 'could' go tomorrow Matt ;) We are flying from there bright and early.:)

matt - we are all having dinner at the pub now. the weather today was magic from cooma to here. clear skies and 15 knots tailwind. the wind should moderate tomorrow . no sign of cloud or moisture. magic. get here. posting on my phone during dinner. must eat.

Guest Emma Masters

Hey There Ross - Glad to here you got there safe and sound! hmmmm i told Darren too go.. Say hi to Ian for me and have a great weekend...

posting on my phone during dinner. must eat.

Mate, when I get there tomorrow, I am NOT going to be posting during my dinner.........

In fact I would not admit to that......024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

But can I borrow your phone.....006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

J

Guest Fred Bear

Looks as though there is some rain up there today? Hopefully all the guys can get out to come back.

yep there was abit of rain around today, but fortunately it was all coastal! i think Ian and others are overnighting tonight in Port, and waiting for the front to pass in the Melbourne area.

though looking at the pic i posted, it looks like another Low in the tasman forming! might get more flooding!

yep there was abit of rain around today, but fortunately it was all coastal! i think Ian and others are overnighting tonight in Port, and waiting for the front to pass in the Melbourne area.though looking at the pic i posted, it looks like another Low in the tasman forming! might get more flooding!

Yeah mate - in Port having a calm down night at Adam's place - watching the weather whilst watching Meredith die

Guest Fred Bear

Ross (Slaribartfast) spent the night with us there last night. Was a good excuse for chinese and a few. Dropped him back out at YHOX a few hours ago and it was not the best. Hopefully it will clear up for him some more or he will end up camping at The Masters for another night...no trouble to us. As I said to Ross, any of you are welcome if stuck there (within reason), ie not 10 plane loads (unless you like to tent it in the waterlogged yard here)! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif Let us know how you all progress.

Hi Darren,

Canberra weather isn't crash hot at the moment, no rain but low cloud. He might be able to go around though if he stays away from the hills... a hard thing to do around Canberra!

You almost ended up with Matt & I on your doorstep too! Weather around Sydney yesterday was not good! Made it home okay but the GPS track is very interesting...

Catch you soon,

Kaz

Guest Fred Bear

It would have been interesting Kaz and as I said to Ross any of you any time are most welcome to overnight with us here. As long as you don't mind the old air mattress, small, house, rabbits and children :big_grin: I think Ross is still sticking it out at YHOX to see what he can do.

Hi,

Gwen and I are still stuck in Port too. Looks like Thurs or Fri before heading back to Cooma, inland this time. Please keep us posted on the Canberra view Kaz and Ross.

Maybe we should just move up here and be done with it :;)4:.

"If you've time to spare ....." 068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif.

Paul

Guest osprey5

Glad to hear Ross (Slaribartfast) made it to Hoxton. We were dodging the showers back from Camden to Warnervale where he dropped me off (after landing!). As for the trailer ultralights.. it may have a low economical cruise rate but I bet it can't climb!

Great weekend - many thanks Ian for organising it!

Mike