Third tech manager in 18 months gone........

Guest Maj Millard

Guest Maj Millard
013_thumb_down.gif.ec9b015e1f55d2c21de270e93cbe940b.gif I have been reliably informed that Wayne has ceased to be our tech manager, that's three in 18 months, who will be the next head on the chopping block ?.....So much for timely information from our current executive or GM, there has been time to post this info on the RAAus site, but nothing there yet, obviously not a priority to keep the membership informed....................Maj....

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Maj Millard

I have had a personal Email today from Wayne, so I can assure you it is true..........................Maj...

Guest Maj Millard
I'm afraid Major you're going to have to get in there and kick **** - this is absolutely disgraceful.

Well turbo, I can assure you I would not even entertain the idea of taking the job on myself with the current atmosphere with both the executive and CASA.

I am very disappointed myself how this has played out over the last few days, and I do believe Wayne has done his very best for us. I also feel he was certainly well qualified and very capable, and I just don't know who else would be more capable under the current workload.

Although I don't have all the info on what has occurred, it appears from my vantage point that the GM could possibly have been more understanding to Wayne's need for additional assistance....................Maj...

He is on his way back Scotty, the J3 is still grounded with the carby problem.

This is an incredibly disappointing outcome, we all knew the quality of the man.

Who the hell would want this job after three casualties? When is RA Aus going to get its act together and make the job survivable. This is a very bad look for RA Aus management.

Where to from here will be very interesting.

• Agree 5

Guest Maj Millard
Is he coming back to Gunnedah Maj? I thought it looked like his J3 Cub flying around Agquip last week.Scotty

Don't know for sure Scotty, but if that's where he is from I would guess he'll be around...............Maj...

If your source is correct then there are things to find out, what happened and why? If ever there was a tough job to do it would have to be that one. I reckon you would have to be crazy to put your hand up for that job. This has been going on for a long time now pretty much ever since 1990 and usually the Tech man gets the blame for nearly everything, I just don't buy it, they can't all have been no good.

As for being slow to put this news on the web site I can understand that, it is hardly something to be proud of.

Richard.

• Agree 3

Well turbo, I can assure you I would not even entertain the idea of taking the job on myself with the current atmosphere with both the executive and CASA.I am very disappointed myself how this has played out over the last few days, and I do believe Wayne has done his very best for us. I also feel he was certainly well qualified and very capable, and I just don't know who else would be more capable under the current workload.

Although I don't have all the info on what has occurred, it appears from my vantage point that the GM could possibly have been more understanding to Wayne's need for additional assistance....................Maj...

It called resource management isn't it Ross?

When you see your staff drowning you either throw them a life line or you blame them ... isn't that the way it goes?

Let me guess ... he couldn't get through the workload due lack of resources, so because he was spending hours of overtime in the job trying to get the resources to do all the rego backlog, he probably couldn't do all the other Tech man stuff. So if you want to get rid of him, just point out that he isn't doing what he is supposed to (because he is so busy trying to solve the crisis ultimately created by previous Boards and Executives) and then sack him on an alleged lack of performance.

Poison chalice that job is.....

• Agree 1
  • Helpful 1

Guest Maj Millard

We are in a period of major crisis, this is indeed a very bad time for anyone within the exec to be playing politics or power plays. As Marks' article in the August mag would suggest they need to all be ....'playing as a team' !! ...as a member I am very less than impressed, I have very little time for power trips or politics, especially when there is a shxx load of work to be done on behalf of the members...................Maj...013_thumb_down.gif.ec9b015e1f55d2c21de270e93cbe940b.gif

He is on his way back Scotty, the J3 is still grounded with the carby problem.This is an incredibly disappointing outcome, we all knew the quality of the man.

Who the hell would want this job after three casualties? When is RA Aus going to get its act together and make the job survivable. This is a very bad look for RA Aus management.

Where to from here will be very interesting.

Hi David....big loss for RAA....big gain for me! I now get to have Wayne over for dinner again and rack his brain on any issues with my Piet.

My selfishness aside...Wayne is a genuine person who would only have every ones best interests at heart. If he couldnt do it...I await for who they think can.

Scotty pope.gif.f606ef85899745c40c103dff0622d758.gif

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Winner 1

Guest Maj Millard

You pr

It called resource management isn't it Ross?When you see your staff drowning you either throw them a life line or you blame them ... isn't that the way it goes?

Let me guess ... he couldn't get through the workload due lack of resources, so because he was spending hours of overtime in the job trying to get the resources to do all the rego backlog, he probably couldn't do all the other Tech man stuff. So if you want to get rid of him, just point out that he isn't doing what he is supposed to (because he is so busy trying to solve the crisis ultimately created by previous Boards and Executives) and then sack him on an alleged lack of performance.

Poison chalice that job is.....

You pretty much hit the nail on the head there David.................Maj...

The only way this is going to get sorted is to get a Tech Manager to do the tech managers job as it should be and get someone else ( a temp / consultant ) to deal with sorting out all the existing problems.

Trying to sort out all the existing problems and do the job dealing with day to day issues is going to swamp anyone.

• Agree 4

Guest Maj Millard

Personally, and this is purely my opinion alone, I feel it is a very appropriate time for the members to let the exect and board know in no uncertain terms that the membership has had enough...time to play as a team boys , or move on out !!...not impressed Jan......................Maj..013_thumb_down.gif.ec9b015e1f55d2c21de270e93cbe940b.gif

Guest Maj Millard
The only way this is going to get sorted is to get a Tech Manager to do the tech managers job as it should be and get someone else ( a temp / consultant ) to deal with sorting out all the existing problems.Trying to sort out all the existing problems and do the job dealing with day to day issues is going to swamp anyone.

Mick, as I understand there already was an assistant in place with possibly a couple of others helping out on the rego catch-up side of things , however the daily workload must be sizeable. Sorry but you won't see me putting up my hand for the job anytime soon..........If Wayne couldn't do it, I don't know who will ?.................Maj...

Very disappointing. techmen pass at an astounding rate David says three. It's about six.. They travel alone and get blamed when the pressure comes on. Not many "get " what is involved. All of our techmen should have been supported instead of being the "FALL guy. Wayne had my unqualified endorsement ( as did many of the others ) After him who will take the job? Perhaps he should come back here and tell us exactly what went wrong that caused him to be out of the scene? Nev

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

to put it bluntly who in the hell would want to deal with some off the idiots that complain but don't get off their arse to help out

but critize what others are trying to do in the interest off you and me if power trips come into play they can be taken away safty

two men that stood up for change but were howled down and have left should be interesting at next gm

to get on top of the shit that is going on needs a team effort from every body I mean every one

the days off it alright jack trust me jack have to stop covering your mates arse days are over you are accountable if you don't like the rules do some thing about it

my opion is that wayne new it was a big task why in the hell was he not given more help

pore billy cant fly cause his plane not reg pore harry cant fly cause his plane not reg blame wayne when it should be previous admin that caused this shit to hit the fan

class action against the previous admin not likely

some of your 24 planes have been modified by adding extra fuel pumps glas cockpit dg ah have you done new weight and balance

the placards that some are complaining about have had to be on the dash before 2006 neil

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

David and maj if you remember I said ages he wouldn't handle the job

I think lots warned the poor bugga. But he gave it his best shot with the best intentions for all of us. All power to him. Now who will be the next victim?????

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

One of the things an employer in the Australian legal context cannot do is disclose details of its dealings with its employees. Employees however don't have this constraint. Consequently, in a forum like this, only one side of the story will ever be heard. Since the employer is legally constrained from putting its side of the story, it has to take a black eye from its critics. An unfortunate reality and a setback on the path to improvement.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1