Want 2nd hand t&s indicator

Hi all:

I'm looking for a working second hand turn and slip indicator of the style with the airplane indicator rather than the needle type. Obviously, I'm looking for second hand to save money, but willing to pay the right price for the right item.

PM me if you have something you think might suit.

Thanks

Sorry I can't help you Scott but I'm intrigued. You call it a 'turn and slip' indicator. I've always known it as a 'slip and turn' indicator. What should it be..........anyone?

Wellllll, is it ketchup and mustard or mustard and ketchup? Do you open the boiled egg from the big end or the little end? Maybe we should start a pedants thread!

I needed a T&B, B&T, T&S S&T, TC, (whatever) & AH as I didn't have these & opted for a Dynon D6. Basically it provides the functions of ALT, VSI, ASI, AH, Compass & T&B, B&T, T&S S&T, TC, (whatever) with rate indicators for ASI, & T&B, B&T, T&S S&T, TC, (whatever).

There is an optional AOA indicator & audio output & you can set the stall warning as required. It has it's own remote compass & is connected to the pitot & static & can be connected to a GPS to get ground speed & heading etc if the static/pitot fail. Also it can be upgraded to the full function D10A which has another 10 million options.

So.... where was I. Oh yes it provides me with the 2 instruments I didn't have and is an electronic version of everything else so provides redundancy & also fits into a standard 3 1/8 instrument hole in the panel.

Cost about $1,800. Dearer now with the dollar down the gurgler.

• Agree 1

Very often incorrectly called "Turn and BANK".

Mentioning slip, skid, balance is all OK. The turn needle is a "Rate" gyro and a very useful instrument for doing procedure turns That's my take on it.

Anyhow as time goes by, there will be less of the older mechanical instruments. It will obviously be harder to have them repaired. The gyros spin by electric power or vacuum .( Low pressure actually. It's nowhere near a vacuum) They topple when you aerobat them usually, so are not reliable if you get out of shape. Nev

• 1 month later...