Wing fold

Keith W

I was folding the wings on my Gazelleand when I went to put the nut on the strut to attach it to the tail I dropped the nut into the hole at the bottom of the tail fin,any suggestions anyone thanks Keith.

You can move steel things like nuts/washers by having a magnet on the outside of the fabric. You can drag it along and see where it is by having a strong light on the other side of the fabric. (As long as the paint isn't too thick,. or dark coloured) Nev

Well I was at the John Deere dealer today and on the counter they had telescopic magnets for 12$, took one home and with the help of a torch and mirror got the nut out, thanks everyone Keith.

• Like 1

Well I was at the John Deere dealer today and on the counter they had telescopic magnets for 12$, took one home and with the help of a torch and mirror got the nut out, thanks everyone Keith.

Hi Keith and all. I've been there. The magnet will pick up onto the steel tube as all fuse lower tubes and the frame (best to keep the thin end of the telescopic pickup retracted so the extended length is at it's most sturdy to combat the bending force of the magnetic towards the fuse tubing. You'll need a mirror and lower a wired up light bulb it to light up the area. Better for this job than a torch.) for attaching the tail wheel come together that area. Take a can of patience. Then yes been more careful, less haste.

Cheers and enjoy

Mike