Hi All - New Here

magishme

Hi guys,

Just landed and very new to this forum. I live in the Redlands area in South East Queensland. I had done my GFPT years ago however it just got too expensive. A friend recently told me of the Recreational Pilots Cert and now I am back and am very interested in learning more.

Regards

Magishme

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcomes guys.. Any advice on a training school with some good planes around SE QLD? I live in the Redlands and am happy to travel 1 hour - 1.5 hours or so. Looking to do the cert and Nav endorsements.

• 2 weeks later...

Im flying at Coominya Flight Training which is about 1.5 hours west of brisbane near wivenhoe dam CFI is John Walmsley have only 4 hours up training on a lightwing GR 912 am really enjoying it just starting to get used to it certainly have a long way to go but should be fun all the way

Sounds great cause - me too! I am training with John also. I have my GFPT and doing my recreation certificate with John. It takes a bit of getting used to with the stick on the right and the throttle on the left. I used to fly Tomahawks. I am doing circuits at the moment and am having a bit of trouble with nailing some decent landings. I have a bit do go also I tell you. Lots of fun though and I am enjoying it. I may see you out there one day.

Sounds great cause - me too! I am training with John also. I have my GFPT and doing my recreation certificate with John. It takes a bit of getting used to with the stick on the right and the throttle on the left. I used to fly Tomahawks. I am doing circuits at the moment and am having a bit of trouble with nailing some decent landings. I have a bit do go also I tell you. Lots of fun though and I am enjoying it. I may see you out there one day.

Hello, you will find that flying right hand on stick and left hand on throttle or left hand on stick and right hand on throttle will come naturally . It shouldn't take anymore than a 5 second conversion.

R then u would have recognised the picture of the Lightwing was going up today sunday the 24th but possibly not clearing till about 8 am so decided with John to postpone till usual following sunday (payday weekend ) wouldve gone up later but am going to new airport open day at Wescamp at Toowoomba .Yes am sure we will meet up out there eventually what are your days you usually try and fly

R then u would have recognised the picture of the Lightwing was going up today sunday the 24th but possibly not clearing till about 8 am so decided with John to postpone till usual following sunday (payday weekend ) wouldve gone up later but am going to new airport open day at Wescamp at Toowoomba .Yes am sure we will meet up out there eventually what are your days you usually try and fly

Yes I did recognise it. I went up Saturday thought he conditions were a little challenging.. 20 knot crosswinds at some point so I didn't get far. I am glad John is patient :) I usually fly on the weekends usually before lunch. I'll be there next weekend though I don't know which day yet. It would be great to chat if I see you there. How are you going and how many hours have you done? Are you up to just cirucuits or flying around the training area?

haha if only John has me coming at 6am on a sunday ,my next 1 will be this sunday the 1st as there isnt much turbulence at that time i have only 4 hours with him so far .however i am enjoying it and have made the commitment in myself to continue and complete up to what i am after .

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome magishme although the weather may not be kind to you at least you are learning that flying can't always be done when we want it and the key is to only fly when the conditions and experience is on your side keep up the good work