And a Savannah S in Sweden.

Skee

Severe storm warning this afternoon, no rain though. Had to move everything indoors, not all bad it got me away from the heat and this crazy wind.[ATTACH=full]27323[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]27324[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]27325[/ATTACH]Like the rudder.

Got to love loungeroom building, hey Dennis.

Way to go! whats that grey stuff sprayed all over on the surface and over they rivets?

OMG some photos

Haha!

OMG some photos

You thought I was only pretending to build, I have had lot of Derek's trouble lately, life keeps getting in way. I finally got the spare parts installed under my luggage compartment extension (ST143 and ST 144), they had been orphans until Flyinglion was able to put a part number to them, I had long since peeled their stickers and couldn't find them on a drawing..

That is etch primer, under the rivet lines. To try and help with corrosion when I go to the Straddie Breakfast, and cow manure on my strip.

Straddie Breakfast?

Rods assembled on aileron control unit.

20140216_195105.jpg.ec11f0f9b98b6636e846a2bd1458efef.jpg

Now this is stupidity, so they tell you to put the fuel line here.

20140216_230751.jpg.caedc2bb9a44ee3e5e5e7d38df467d9b.jpg

And what happens, i cant move the yoke.

So i had to bend it, it shouldn't be necessary to do this :/

20140216_232825.jpg.30c09956308ddf92b1af85973ac5fe71.jpg

And, wosh, fuel lines goes weird places.

20140216_235923.jpg.646310e585e59a05e9fd1f65f91ef2fe.jpg

20140216_235917.jpg.ea8cbe0f5d494122b53d8e3a79aa5877.jpg

Straddie, Stradbroke Island is off the coast near Brisbane, QLD and has a monthly fly-in breakfast, I am from the dry inland so much more likely to get cow manure induced corrosion anyway. Straddie is in Mark's front yard.

Straddie, Stradbroke Island is off the coast near Brisbane, QLD and has a monthly fly-in breakfast, I am from the dry inland so much more likely to get cow manure induced corrosion anyway. Straddie is in Mark's front yard.

Ehh,, hehe, you have cows shitting on your runways?

And this crazy wind has blown the guts clean out of my sock. Doesn't help having a dam at one end of your airstrip if you don't want a cattle pad fair down the middle of it, or two! Don't drive on your strip or the cows will channel straight down your wheel tracks and you will have two gutters before you know it.

• Informative 1

My dam isn't at the end of the strips…or is it yours that is ?

My strip has a dam at the NW end of it, when it is full, it has a cooling effect, causes sink on the approach and dumps the unwary pilot right on the threshold. Friarpuk and TK58 have enjoyed the ride. Mark, you will have to feed more power on if you approach from that end on your way to Natfly if the dam isn't completely dry by then.

• Haha 1

Icp sends you three "15x6.0" tubes, with a straight air fill tap, forget it! its impossible to fill that shit, the refill tap broke from the tube when trying to angle it to fill the tube.

So i went to the local tire shop, they hooked me up with 13x6.0 tubes, perfect fit with a 90 degree angled tap, they have been successfully trying this smaller tube out before with other gliders with the same problem.

20140219_164506.jpg.b43fcea50ca835409ac4a4b6f045bf4f.jpg

so when assembling them use A LOT of grease, thankfully the tire shop let me work in their shop when doing it.

20140219_164454.jpg.b0cf3ad4426638d50d1d15876235e88e.jpg

20140219_164500.jpg.a74336d5e76d71b742997b4643c355d1.jpg

With angle stems there is no need to drill the rim as per the manual, much easier. Bit worried about "lots of grease" though, I fit a lot of tyres here on the farm and wouldn't let grease anywhere near a tube that I didn't want to see again real soon. Did you mean tyre fitting lube? My tyres were not that tight on the rims.

With angle stems there is no need to drill the rim as per the manual, much easier. Bit worried about "lots of grease" though, I fit a lot of tyres here on the farm and wouldn't let grease anywhere near a tube that I didn't want to see again real soon. Did you mean tyre fitting lube? My tyres were not that tight on the rims.

Great they want you to drill the rim, they could mention that in the chapter 19, and not in 20, i just pulled an irritating mail to ICP.

Yes tyre fitting lube.

I used right angle stems installed in the molded hole in the rim, they are a lot easier to get the tyre guage onto for checking pressure, drilled rims won't fit the thicker bead of the condor tyres anyway. It is a real pain in the butt when upgrading from standard tyres, you have to weld up the drilled hole and drill it nearer the centre join.