Ipad oz runways

shafs64

To all the guys running oz. runways on there ipad. I keep getting the yellow light coming. it seems to lose the signal. the ipad is still connect to the hot spot on my iPhone.

Does anyone have any ideas,

I've noticed that since updating to v4, that it loses the GPS signal easily. It used to be like that in the early days of OzRunways. I'm hoping it was just my iPad having a bad day.

• Caution 1

Same thing today... drops off and takes quite a while to get it back. It shows a green dot, a lat/long and plots the aircraft on the map. But the Aircraft and Lat/Long information is wrong. (We would have been in trouble had we actually been where it was saying we were!)

Im having issues when i start a new plan without setting origin. Eg from where i am. It will do a direct to, but once you try to add a second waypoint it runs an error. Wrote to support , they are stumped. I think they have some glitches in latest version. Ive also noticed im getting dropped out oft he app very regularly. It seems to have not lost jwhat i just did but it boots me out. Its not my ipad either, as i installed it on my daughters ipad air and same symptoms.

Im not real happy, might go back to avplan if this continues..

• Like 1

Has anyone used/tried Pocket FMS ( desktop PC option) and its mobile app EasyVFR. I checked it out after reading Arthur Marcel's article in Sportpilot & the tutorials etc look good. It has ipad and Android versions & you get Australian & NZ maps, all aeronautical data, metars, TAFS, rain radar on moving maps flight planning etc for $60.00 a year plus an airspace avoidance feature.

I don't have an ipad or a high end android tablet like the Nexus or Galaxy. I bought a cheap $130.00 7" tablet & it has a gig of ram & a 1.5 Ghz dual core processor, a GPS & bluetooth, well above what the minimum specs are for it to run. The tablet fits on the centre section of my panel so mounting is easy. The only thing is I don't want to start the subscription till my A/C is flying.

I down loaded the new version and half of it wont even work. Very disappointed with it. I have had trouble in the past too. Personally I dont think it is anywhere near reliable enough for aviation use. No wonder they have a 500 page disclaimer. I will not be renewing my subscription when this one expires. I might look at Pocket FMS.

• Agree 1

I have been using Ozrunways for quite a while now and haven't had any problems. I have 3G and mainly use the internal GPS .

The iPad is about 18 months old.

I checked just now and it has the altitude within 10 feet and the lat/long almost spot on. Every time a new version comes out it has more features and I hear the AOPA aerodrome directory is to be added soon.

All good for me. I gave AirNav VFR the flick after it wouldn't run on my PC and no regrets there.

Kaz

Mini retina works great, but a few things are small and not able to be zoomed like weather.

No major problems in the years ive been using it, each update has me surprised

Like now being able to select flight level by wind calcs on fuel and time when planning