Position Report, Feb Sport Pilot

Guest ozzie

SAAA headquaters is a pretty lean affair, just uses old avionics premises and rents hanger from council. id say much work is done elsewhere. Evidently whole team doesnt need to be there fulltime.

Yep theres gliders in the summer, good part is they love the hot rough weather most RAA ac dont.

Narromine has just opened up a large section for new aviation development on the field, runways upgraded and resurfaced. Museum is building new display hanger, and obviously Ausfly each yr, so a bit happening.

Im told significant investors @ Temora may not support influx of RAA regularly.

Dubbo has 8 flights per day to Sydney on two airlines. Others looking at brisbane and Melb links. Cost not too bad.

Ive said before to bring recreational organisations together is a good idea, brings strength and variation.

• Like 2

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think we have had this discussion before . Benalla keeps coming to mind. Its big and hardly used and on the main highway..

Corowa has plenty of accommodation as all the oldies from VIC used to come and play the pokies when they had none down there, and the aerodrome is used for parachuting and is not far from Albury. Nev

I still dont have my mag yet. It has me farked why it can take weeks to get my mag after other people receives their. I mean the Gold Coast isn't bumf$&k idaho

Says who, I grew up there and I reckon that's a fair description 097_peep_wall.gif.dcfd1acb5887de1394272f1b8f0811df.gif

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 3

Yen spreading the love around will happen down the track as the RAAus matures until then it needs to train people to the one standard under a controlled environment. The Raaus needs first to remove or retrain those who are now not teaching correctly. baby steps first.The SAAA have been playing the game a lot longer and have in place a pretty good training program that every one must follow. The RAAus needs to have a good look at what the SAAA are doing right now. Hopefully all the infighting and animosity between the two will end with the changes taking place within the RAAus and they will see the light.

Hang about........ yes, SAAA does have a good maintenance procedures course,(MPC) - but it does not have any pilot training courses or indeed, any authority to do anything in this space...yet. I believe there is an application with CASA for SAAA to become a Part 141 Training entity, but I've heard no more than this. Frankly, RAAus are miles ahead of where SAAA is currently situated in respect of pilot training. Rather than CASA merging RAAus into the RPL / GA structure - I forsee it happening that the RPC/RPL both come under RAAus Ops structure - and the whole 'thing' becoming the 'Recreational Aviation' section.....quite separate from the full PPL/CPL/ GA structure.

happy days,

I got my mag yesterday and have already contacted RAAus about the maintenance requirements. have to have training before July 1 and no idea what it is. CASA gone mad. Did you see the state of their drugs and alcohol legislation. They employ lawyers to write legalese and it gets thrown out as unusable by the courts.

What price courtesy is interesting reading. No stating what frequencies should be used and what were being used.

Proffessor Avius is now saying we should not move our heads when turning so we don't get spatial disorientation, just a midair instead.

• Agree 1

The Toowoomba airport would be ideal for the RAA close to Brisbane and the excitement and glamour of the Gold Coast, large enough to dash8s. What more do you want?

To be able to fly more than three (3) days a month, why would you want to subject any flying organisation to that s..t hole with the weather it has?

I'm qualified to comment as I try to fly there 4 out of 5 days a week.

Aldo, you must have missed the change in the weather? hasn't rained here for months

FT

Its not the rain it's the crap that comes in over the range at 500' or lower, 3 mornings last week, 2 so far this week almost impossible to get in.

YTWB would be perfect except for the fog that can roll in any time any day.