Helicopter rotor hits steel cable

Yea it's hard to watch, waiting for it to go woof. And the noise if that turbine racing ... Man... Good in those guys for jumpin straight in to help him out. Ig u slow it down the pilot almost goes right out and back in through the wind screen. Incredible!!

• Caution 1

I think the rigger must have been Frank Spencer.

If he didn't succeed in pulling the cable into the rotor, he was sure to get a similar result, when he jumps up to grab the cable and put a sudden offset load onto the chopper !!

As they say "Some mothers' do have em" !!!!

there seems to be an most inadequate margin for error in the whole procedure; it's unfair to blame the rigger, he was asked to do a job that wouldn't have been part of a properly designed procedure. In my opinion. I'm neither rigger nor chopper pilot, of course.

if you search the newspaper articles you will read that the chopper pilot and the rigger were looking at each other and each was in difficulty trying to communicate what should be done (can't recall about radio com) - what was done was argued in some sort of forum / hearing

My GUESS would be: I don't think the pilot or the rigger thought it through ................ I'd guess if the pilot has his time again then he would of flown above the lift so that the cable was tight and then released ?

..................... probably would have been less damage - if anything at all