Point Cook fly in THIS weekend?

flying dog

Ok, I just heard about it.Why isn't it listed here?

Hardly just a Fly-In - it is an Airshow celebrating 100 years of Military Aviation in Australia, organized by the RAAF. Everything from FA-18s, Hercules, to Bristol Boxkite replica, Sopwith Pup replica, and the Roulettes. Tickets in advance from Ticketmaster. Flying displays from 10am to 3.30pm Saturday and Sunday. Don't think anybody can just turn up in their microlight....

I am going on the Sunday (by car)....

Cheers

Neil

• Like 1

Don't I know it about this air show, ruining my flying weekend at WSL, the jets are sleeping here at East Sale and activating the airspace for the first time in 10 years on a weekend lol, deactivated this arvo at 5pm which allowed me a jaunt to Lakes Entrance and back in the awesome smooth sea breeze.

Alf

To check up coming events - Go to the EVENTS tab, click on either Up Coming Events for a list of events, dates and locations, or Monthly View to look at what's on each day (including birthdays). I try to keep it up to date and have been cross posting to the Trips/Events/Spare Seats forum. I ran a poll on that forum about how much to cross post - of the few who voted, most wanted events on both the Events Calendar and the Trips forum.

Sue

I would suggest that it would be a very worthwhile experience. I kicked money into keeping it around years ago, when it looked like it was going to go the way of many good things, that aren't appreciated enough. Nev

Will have to meet up at Tyabb, you flying in Neil?

Hi Matty,

Not flying in, but meeting up with a friend and car-sharing.

We must definitely meet up and say hi - suggest best organized by text as I couldn't hear a word on my phone at Point Cook due to planes, commentators, and background music. Must have listened to too many loud rock bands in my misspent youth!

Shall we say meet up at the entrance to the Flying Club building at 1pm - text me if that is not convenient and we can arrange something else.

Cheers

Neil

• Agree 1