Gilgandra fuel ?.....

Guest Maj Millard

Guest Maj Millard

Does anyone have any up to date info for Gilgandra NSW airport, fuel services, or Aero club. I 'm looking at using it for a fuel stop between Moree and Temora............Thanks ............Maj....:cool:v

Does anyone have any up to date info for Gilgandra NSW airport, fuel services, or Aero club. I 'm looking at using it for a fuel stop between Moree and Temora............Thanks ............Maj....:cool:v

Ross,

my country guide indicates only drinking water. You might ring Council on 02 6817 8800 to get a better answer. the town is about 1.2 Nm and the Taxi on 131008 might be also able to assist. Beyond that, it is 30 to 40 NM to Dubbo, who do have an Avgas service but you will need an ASIC.

Guest Maj Millard

Thanks guys....I have been to both Narromine and DUBBO in the past...just exploring other options to see new towns. Pity as Gilgandra looks like a nice strip........I may just have a p stop there to have a look around...

Also while we're on the subject anyone got any imput on both Goondiwindi or Gunnahdah for fuelling . I am planning an overnight in Goondiwindi ...................Maj...

Maj, We got Avgas there a couple of years ago. There was a phone number on his little shed to ring the owner, he took our details then gave us the combination for the lock. There was an honesty tin there. As long as nobody has tried to rip him off it should be the same deal.

Goondiwindi has a "so called" card Avgas bowser. At least that is what we found when we tried to get fuel there last year. None of our credit or fuel cards would work with it, so we called the number on the bowser and was told the cards do not work anymore and there was a $100 call out fee!!!!! We were told the cards did not work for quite some time, at $100 a time why would he want to fix it!!!!

Bob

• Informative 1

Guest Maj Millard

thanks Bob, there is a number for the Aeroclub in ERSA at Gilgandra...I may give them a call. gee $100 call out fee at Goondiwindi !....I paid $20 once on a Sunday morning at Bourke which I didn't mind.

thanks for you help mate..........Cheers Maj......014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

Learnt lesson yrs back, always call intended fuel place during the working week, and get correct info, found often that fuel chaps are more inclined to waive fees if you is reeeeel nice to em beforehand.

Cloncurry stung me bad after 4pm on a Friday. Exact time was 4.40pm. That was my last fee sting. ( plan was fill tank, camp under a tree, head off 1st light in the morning )

The refueller chap was council employed, and bending rules was not going to happin. He actually showed displeasure of perceived rich pilots flying about the countryside. Trying to engage with him, was just not happening. ( fee was $200 for memory )

• Informative 2

I stopped at Goondi for fuel ONCE. I rang 2 days before. Rang again 1 hour out to confirm arrival time ( which was smack in the middle of the time window indicated in the first phone call ). Rang on arrival and was told "Yeah will be there in 2 minutes". We waited over an hour in 40 degree temps with melted bitumen sticking to our shoes. I was not game to leave the aircraft to find shade as I was worried that they might turn up, not see us & leave again.

I will never plan to fuel at Goondi again.

Gunnedah has fuel, run by the local aeroclub. The contact number is in the ERSA. You will need to contact them to come out and unlock the pump. They are a friendly mob and good for a chat. Used them a few times when flying the Xair from Goulburn to Armidale and Inverell. The profits go to the local aero club so worthwhile using them. Good strip to.

• Informative 1

Guest Maj Millard

Thanks Mick and all. Will be overnighting in St George, and do have the range to go non-stop to Narromine, WX and tailwinds co-operating of course. Nice to know of some worthy alternates though. I'M generally airborne at Sparrowfart so always get a good 2-3 hours of primo air which is great for XC stuff. Liked to be done by mid afternoon and ready for happy hour...............Maj....014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif