Propeller Balancing

Louie

Buzz master? I use the same ally plug but line up with the workshop wall brick course:cheezy grin: ! Just being a cheapskate of course

Good-one! Where would I be able to source the plug?

Static balancing, done well is a good start. If a few basic rules are observed the error will not be enough to give you a problem. You need a place with no wind. Wood is not of uniform density in some cases. Ordinary aluminium bar is not expensive specially as off cuts and lasts a long time. Nev

Guest Andys@coffs

Im pretty sure most dynamic balancers all say in the manual that you should not dynamically balance until the prop is already statically balanced and the pitch measured in each blade to ensure that a pitch mismatch isn't causing the effectively unbalanced vibrations, which will be difficult if not impossible to balance with adding weight at specific locations across varying speeds

Andy

Dynamic is needed when there is a considerable length to the item, because it may balance statically but the weights may have a lot of offset. The common simple prop is not such an item, same as a thin flywheel. Nev.

Guest Andys@coffs

I just want to try and fly behind something that has significantly less vibration at cruise than 0.1in/sec....people describe such a thing as real smooth and I want to see if its hype or reality :<)

Andy

An

I just want to try and fly behind something that has significantly less vibration at cruise than 0.1in/sec....people describe such a thing as real smooth and I want to see if its hype or reality :<)Andy

Andy. I found the new 230 prop from Jab to be near perfect for vibration. Also once bolted in, there is no adjustment needed.

Plus many other advantages

Phil