Bowden Cable Bulkhead nuts bulletin

Guest Maj Millard
Certainly, couldn't a agree more with use whatever works for you. I just don't get it when the highest VFR level is 9500ft and that is 'least' - and it is odds +500 ?

Yes Frank you 've got it now.......

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Maj Millard
It is about magenertic variation not cruise altitudes isn't is?

It works fine for VFR cruising + 500.... Been using it for years...............Maj.......

Guest Maj Millard
Frank when I say least in reference to cruising levels what I think in my head is 1500' is the lowest (least) height I would cruise at. So now I know that's an odd number so every other odd number going up will be in the same direction - works for me :)

VFR cruising levels come into play above 5000 FT .....however I've always used them above 3000 FT...

Not aircraft related, but more than a couple of people have been caught out with some commercial vans having the front left hand wheel, having left hand threads. We had a Ford econovan work Van that had this. A few wheel studs had thread damage due to peeps trying to undo the nuts anti clockwise but they were actually tightening the nuts. Something to keep in mind.

Must be talking about my muscle bound son Dazza, he heaved and heaved till the studs sheared off before copping a gobful from me who wound up having to replace the studs for him.

Bloody know-it-all kids 067_bash.gif.26fb8516c20ce4d7842b820ac15914cf.gif

• Haha 1

Turbo, It was not necessary for the board to have any input to the release of the alert warning.. In fact we are Required not to interfere with the day to day workings with people like the tech manager. For you to suggest so shows your lack of understanding of the boards role. In fact this is a great example of that 'hands off' approach at work. The boards role is to oversee, and to only step in if absolutely necessary , and then only throught the CEO or the excutive...... hats off to Darren and his team for their rapid and efficient results here....Maj....

Maj, everyone has their own views, but in this case, I think the majority of members would be excited at this quick responce, and as a result, tend to have a more positive hope for the betterment of RA-Aus in future if this sort of result continues.

After all, this is what so many have been bitching about for so long, extended delays before knowing the cause of a mishap, and sometimes never even finding out.

Being forewarned, is forearmed, and can possibly potentially save lives.

Definately a step in the right direction.014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

Keep it up Darren, don't let this result be a one-off.

• Agree 1