• Froyo (2.2–2.2.3)

• Gingerbread (2.3–2.3.7)

• Honeycomb (3.0–3.2.6)

• Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0–4.0.4)

• Jelly Bean (4.1–4.3.1)

• KitKat (4.4–4.4.4, 4.4W–4.4W.2)

• Lollipop (5.0–5.1.1)

Version 6 will probably be Marzipan, mango, mooncake, marzurek or some such

What a short-sighted naming convention. Only another 14 iterations to go. I give them about another 3 years before they have to close up shop.

rgmwa

• Haha 2

What a short-sighted naming convention. Only another 14 iterations to go. I give them about another 3 years before they have to close up shop.rgmwa

I wouldn't imagine that occuring - the next code series could be pizza rather than sweets. Lets try "anchovy" followed by "brussel sprouts", "calzone" etc etc

Lollipop is version 5 of the Android OSThe versions are

• Cupcake (1.5)

• Donut (1.6)

• Eclair (2.0–2.1)

• Froyo (2.2–2.2.3)

• Gingerbread (2.3–2.3.7)

• Honeycomb (3.0–3.2.6)

• Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0–4.0.4)

• Jelly Bean (4.1–4.3.1)

• KitKat (4.4–4.4.4, 4.4W–4.4W.2)

• Lollipop (5.0–5.1.1)

Version 6 will probably be Marzipan, mango, mooncake, marzurek or some such

What happened to A and B? That is nearly as silly as launching the new iphone 2 all those years ago, would have made so much sense to launch the first one before the second one.

Yes, sadly I suppose you're right. We'll just have to suffer through more of the same rubbish. I've often wondered what those trendy young executives you see sitting at footpath coffee tables all day long sipping latte and yacking on their phones actually do for a living. I guess this is probably one of the important things that keeps them busy.

rgmwa

A and B were probably Alpha and Beta - versions that were verry buggy and only test examples. There are some that say the P76 was the best car ever built in Australia but others would claim it was just the Alpha version rushed to market.

Lollipop is quite nice. I have a Nexus 9 tablet and am trialling it with RWY from Oz Runways. I have only taken it flying twice and it seems pretty neat but lacking in a lot of the geewizz stuff from the Oz-Runways full version. Printing out the flightplan is easy but it would be good to also print out the tracks and ERSA as backups. A work in progress with lots of promise. Certainly much easier to drive than Flight Sim X

It is gratifying that we have 2 software companies in Oz prepared to produce full feature Av Nav software - Thank you AvPlan and Oz-Runways. (but I wish they would pull their fingers out and do it for Windows tablets!!!!)

I don't have a problem with the stability of Windows (except Vista).

I used Vista 64 for years without issue, I have always wondered why all the bad press. I recently updated to Windows 7 because one web site, this one, kept giving me messages that my web browser was not up to date. Apart from getting rid of the nag message I also find it boots up about twice as fast but other than that, no noticeable improvement.

• 7 months later...
Latest Ozrunways android update allows transfer of files to SD card.In the process of moving 3GB over....as we speak......

But does it have an improvement in it's other features or is it still an extremely Lite version of Oz runways for apple?

to speed up vista's starting and shutting down M$ changed the shutdown button to make it hybernate by default. your typical 12:00 flasher didn't realise this and Vista eventually fell in a heap requiring a reboot to clear the memory. in win7 they changed it back to shutting down and introduced staggered startup to speed up booting.