Head set

Why do you need batteries for a headset?

For a radio you need a power supply, such as batteries but the only headsets that require a battery are active noise reduction types.

• Agree 1

I'm pretty sure the Bose X will do this, but you would need to purchase a new cable assembly for your headset with the 6 pin LEMO plug instead of the dual GA plugs. You just unplug the dual-plug/mic assembly from the earphone, and replace it with the new one.

Aircraft Spruce (and other outlets) sell the replacement cable/mic assemblies for Bose.

Guest Howard Hughes
The Bose A20 comes in a version that can be powered by the aircraft. However the batteries last that long it is hardly worth the bother.

I also have a Bose A20 and find myself changing the batteries every couple of months, after about 60 hours of use. You get a good 5-10 hours notice that the batteries are running low when the indicator light turns amber, hardly a big deal! 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Also with batteries your headset will still work even with a total electrical failure, you don't want to have your headset die just when you are needing peace and quiet to sort out your next action!