TOSG MIA?

Wingtech

Which one are you referring to?

The Thruster forums is:

http://www.recreationalflying.com/forums/thruster.41/

The TOSG site was maintained by Tony Hayes who passed away several years ago and then Bob Llewellyn took over but that died. I was able to pay an extra 2 years domain registration for him when I couldn't contact him and the domain was about to go down but then after that it fizzed out. I still have all the web site files.

I believe someone else started a Thruster site but it seems that has gone as well.

As I said I still have the complete TOSG web site files so I can resurrect it but can't maintain it because Tony did that unless there is a group of Thruster enthusiasts out there that would like to maintain it, I can recreate it and host it if you like

• 11 months later...
Which one are you referring to?The Thruster forums is:

http://www.recreationalflying.com/forums/thruster.41/

The TOSG site was maintained by Tony Hayes who passed away several years ago and then Bob Llewellyn took over but that died. I was able to pay an extra 2 years domain registration for him when I couldn't contact him and the domain was about to go down but then after that it fizzed out. I still have all the web site files.

I believe someone else started a Thruster site but it seems that has gone as well.

As I said I still have the complete TOSG web site files so I can resurrect it but can't maintain it because Tony did that unless there is a group of Thruster enthusiasts out there that would like to maintain it, I can recreate it and host it if you like

Ian,

I have just taken ownership of a T300 and might be interested in getting the site back up, could you let me know what is involved as well as costs please.

• Like 2

Will notcost anything but it needs to wbe maintained and improved with information for Thruster owners. I am really busy for the next week but please contact me after that and I can set it up for you

• Helpful 1

image.jpeg.f2b7dfa93a659162bafd59d9af88c820.jpeg Just a heads up to those Thruster lovers owners and just anyone interested in this amazing little aircraft, with the assistance from the wonderful Admin peops, I am hoping to get the Thruster page up and running soon, if you have anything to offer in the way of photos, videos, information, AD's, mods, manuals, tips or tricks, maintenance or construction information please pass it on and I will do my best to get it on the site. I have just purchased a lovely T300 that needs a good looking over and some new skins, I hope to post a few photos soon. Here she is being unloaded.
  • Like 4

No doubt someone will correct me if I'm off base but I seem to recall, after Tony's demise and the TSOG ending up with Bob Llewellyn, the protests from we Thruster afficianados relating to the complete lack of anything except promises from the new leader were met with, "I hold the propriety rights to TSOG and it will be operated as I see fit" which equalled - Nada! At that time I was advised by the (only just inaugurated UK sector of TSOG) that they met with the same response. Accordingly, it might be prudent to ascertain just where the goal posts are located in this regard before getting too involved in a resurrection of TSOG as we knew it. I would most certainly get on the bandwagon and can think of at least 5 local Thruster owners who would come along should it (or a phoenix) turn out to be a goer. cheers

I have a huge affection for the Thruster - I learnt to fly in 1986 in an early 2-seater then bought my own single-seater. As a married man with a family struggling along with a big mortgage microlights were always going to be the only way I could ever get flying. The Thrusters were very strong, not difficult to land ( in spite of what some others have said), could handle some turbulence, and easily maintained. I modified mine so much it was barely recogniseable - cut down the ailerons, fitted fuselage enclosure, replaced the 447 with a 503 and added electric start (off a Honda industrial engine!) - all items which improved it - and became standard on later models.

He may have the rights to the printed material like manuals etc and parts but not the online content and the website that I created and still have archived that I will resurrect.

Very busy doing extension for my daughters 18th birthday party this Sat so give me a week and I will bring the site back

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

• 3 weeks later...

cool let us know when theres a website etc....im currently fixing up a t500....need info on alot of things for example the factory trim etc as mine is gone and ive never seen how there meant to go lol,,,,plus any info or parts and pretty much anything as theres not much support for these anymore,,well none that i can find anyway, i think evan the manuals arent getting made anymore, i got a paper version but

cool let us know when theres a website etc....im currently fixing up a t500....need info on alot of things for example the factory trim etc as mine is gone and ive never seen how there meant to go lol,,,,plus any info or parts and pretty much anything as theres not much support for these anymore,,well none that i can find anyway, i think evan the manuals arent getting made anymore, i got a paper version but

Hi Skez

There are some thruster bits advertised in the for sale section.

Hangar/Workshop Cleanout

Discussion in 'Aviation Classifieds' started by Riley, Monday at 6:37 PM.

Cheers

Mike

He may have the rights to the printed material like manuals etc and parts but not the online content and the website that I created and still have archived that I will resurrect.Very busy doing extension for my daughters 18th birthday party this Sat so give me a week and I will bring the site back

Admin, I hope life has calmed down a bit since last we spoke. I'd like to try and get the ball rolling if possible, let me know what we need to do..

Patrick

TOSG is BACK...

The TOSG website is back up and running. Remember though that it is an old site and needs a lot of work done to it to not only update the content but to also update the technologies used like mobile phone use with responsive design etc. I am available to do all this in partnership with anyone who wants to, and is capable and diligent enough, to manage it and get TOSG back up and running as a FULL Thruster Owner Support Group.

Note: If anyone wants a Owner Support Group created for any specific type of aircraft please let me know.

TOSG can be found at www.tosg.com.au

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
cool thanks mate ill have a look

Hi Hows the rebuild going. I took Glenn for a fly last Sunday at Lakeside and he mentioned that he had sold you the thruster. Will be good to see her in the air again.

Cheers

Mike

• Like 1

As far as i am aware Tony's wife Kay has the rights to the manuals that Tony had printed and she will supply them on request ph. no. is 0754231963 cheers,Steve

That's what I understand, I have a manual from Kay and it is fantastic, a little dated but definitely a workable reference document. I am discussing with RAA regarding maintaining the 25 reg and doing my level 2 maintainers cert, I've gotten in contact with Bob and a few others and am trying to build a base of information, I was hoping it was going to be a quick process but alas it will take a while, I am from Dutch / Irish heritage so I am stupidly determined / stubborn and I'll get it there. My hope is that there is an online resource available for FREE to all who want it, plus contacts of those who have the knowledge and experience combined with the willingness to pass on the information so when a question pops up there is a heartbeat there to answer the question. I was lucky ( so to speak ) that before Wayne Fisher joined the eternal pilots club, I learnt a great deal from him whilst building my own aircraft and helping two others rebuild their pride and joys. We have a vast hole in the Thruster knowledge pool not because it's not there, we just can't find it. I hope to change this during the year.

• Like 2