Just Taking Off

two40

Hello everyone, my name is George.

I've been lurking for a few days and I've decided it's safe to come out now...

My other confession is that I have a huge crush for the Foxbat and, weather permitting, I will be getting to first base with one this weekend which also coincides with my birthday!

My wife has been kind enough to humour me regarding the possibility of acquiring my rec license but I'm as yet undecided if I will go through with it at this stage or down the road sometime. I've always been an advocate of 'now' but apparently when planning a family 'tomorrow' has to be considered carefully.

She is also kind enough to put up with my two other obsessions being woodworking and restoring a Datsun.

• Like 2
  • Winner 1

Hi George, happy birthday for the weekend. If you enjoy it, go for it I reckon. I've just gained my certificate, but did it very slowly due to the finances. Glad my wife didn't let me put it in the too hard basket, plugging along very slowly meant I was still flying. Hope you enjoy getting up in the foxbat.

• Like 2

Welcome George, Capital aeroplane old boy, Jolly good show . . .! you can't go wrong with one of those old chap. . . . trouble is,. . .they're so easy to fly,. . .might make you think you're a real PILOT ( HAHAHAHAHAAA !)

Keep up the posts and let us know how you're getting on with it mate .

Phil

• Like 2

No danger of that Phil. If there's one thing I've learned from my woodwork and car hobbies it's that you don't stop learning... ever.

Thanks for the welcome gents. :)

• Like 2

No danger of that Phil. If there's one thing I've learned from my woodwork and car hobbies it's that you don't stop learning... ever.Thanks for the welcome gents. :)

You're right there mate,. . . . .you never stop learning,. . . .but when you get to my age, . . .you stop giving a crap. . . . . . . ie, . . . you seem to adopt the existentialist view,. . . . "It's interesting. . .but it won't make any difference. . ."

• Like 1

Welcome George. If you ever go to Kazakhstan I reckon you would fit in. Cheers mate.

Are you referring to my pedo-mo and hairpiece? Thanks! :)

Photo was taken on a dress up car cruise. You don't want to see the rest of my outfit... let's just say I slipped with the scissors and cut my denim shorts a tad too short...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hello everyone, my name is George.I've been lurking for a few days and I've decided it's safe to come out now...

My other confession is that I have a huge crush for the Foxbat and, weather permitting, I will be getting to first base with one this weekend which also coincides with my birthday!

My wife has been kind enough to humour me regarding the possibility of acquiring my rec license but I'm as yet undecided if I will go through with it at this stage or down the road sometime. I've always been an advocate of 'now' but apparently when planning a family 'tomorrow' has to be considered carefully.

She is also kind enough to put up with my two other obsessions being woodworking and restoring a Datsun.

Don't worry, George,

You'll get over the Datsun, and can cut back on wood working (unless you start building a Corby Starlet), but once you start flying, well!

Welcome to the community.

Peter

• Like 2

Hello everyone, my name is George.I've been lurking for a few days and I've decided it's safe to come out now...

Welcome! Im sure you will find a way to make getting your cert happen. It mah just involve a little bit of sacrifice of other things.

Once you take that first flight you will be hooked.

Enjoy it!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Welcome! Im sure you will find a way to make getting your cert happen. It mah just involve a little bit of sacrifice of other things.Once you take that first flight you will be hooked.

Enjoy it!

Thanks Adam. Have enjoyed your podcast by the way.

The wife and I were in NZ on a road trip last week and I had downloaded them so we listened to a few while driving. She was making the plane noises you used and did the boogie to your funky music. gangnam.gif.007997afc91fff9e44056d93617435e4.gif

• Like 2

Thanks Adam. Have enjoyed your podcast by the way.The wife and I were in NZ on a road trip last week and I had downloaded them so we listened to a few while driving. She was making the plane noises you used and did the boogie to your funky music. gangnam.gif.007997afc91fff9e44056d93617435e4.gif

Thanks for the feedback. Its nice to hear that someone listens..

Btw your wife is supportive of you listening to aviation podcasts in the car! Wow your very lucky.

The foxbat sure is a nice aircraft. It gets off the ground in no time and in the hands of a skilled pilot it Has quite the short landing roll. The view from the cockpit also cant be beaten!

Enjoy it and happy birthday!

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback. Its nice to hear that someone listens..Btw your wife is supportive of you listening to aviation podcasts in the car! Wow your very lucky.

The foxbat sure is a nice aircraft. It gets off the ground in no time and in the hands of a skilled pilot it Has quite the short landing roll. The view from the cockpit also cant be beaten!

Enjoy it and happy birthday!

Problem will be. . .finding a S K I L L E D pilot ? My mate Bryon, ( user of this forum ) just missed meeting me at my airfield yesterday ( I was on funeral duties ) I arranged a fly for him, BUT. . .the guy had to go home at noon and couldn't wait any longer and so Bryon didn't get a flight. . .There were other blokes around, but I didn't want him flying with anyone else who may have been around at the time,. . . . . I won't say more, but I think you'll get the drift about SKILLED PILOTS. . . . . .!

G'Day George.. welcome!! Just get rid of the Datsun mate and get stuck into the flying bit whilst the minister for finance lets you... we had a Datsun 240Z years ago until the wife pranged it.. bloody well hit a vintage car going to some rally..