aircraft spruce waiting waiting waiting! !!

The last two times I've ordered from spruce i had the delivery delayed by up to 9 weeks? One or two small items holding up delivery all the while spruce keep delaying eta over and over. Doesn't anyone keep stock anymore. Sorry just my rant for the day.

Monty

They took my $5000 quick smart now just have to wait for the $50 cht gauge to arrive! I accept that some stock may be in transit but 2-3 months delay is ridiculous. Even though the cht is coming from spain apparently still cant justify the eta being extended every two weeks. Either its on its way or it isnt?

If Spruce is short of stock, they usually give you the choice of holding the whole shipment until complete, or sending stock on hand, followed by the delayed item.

Problem is, if you do it the second way, you pay two postages.

Having said that, if you had a $5k order, paying for a second shipment probably wouldn't worry you.

Also, you probably now know that orders over $1000 (including postage) will incur GST.....

Guest ozzie

Gee a 5 grand order is almost worth a trip to the US to a major airshow and buyat show prices from suppliers and organise shipping yourself.

I must say I never had problems with the USA store.

I had problems ( lots) with the local distributor ( a pilot supplies place in Brisbane). In fact I got stuff quicker from the US Aircraft Spruce than I did from Brisbane.

But I was always in a hurry so I bit the bullet and paid air freight. Maybe that's the difference.

• Agree 1

I must've been lucky so far. Had several shipments from them (rivets, clecoes etc), no delays, and that was at the cheapest freight possible. Mind you it was all generic hardware stuff.

When I was with QED Hardware, I always specified delivery by UP PS Global priority. For "stock on hand" I would get it in 10 days.

A really big problem I had was that the picker/packers didn't give a sh|t what size box they put stuff into. I'd get a box the size of a 24-can Coke carton and in it would be something the size of a packet of biscuits.

I suggest that you get on the phone and contact Monica Maze at the Corona, California facility. She's really helpful. If you phone her before 9:00am Sydney time you'll get her before she knocks off work on the previous day.

http://localtimes.info/North_America/United_States/California/Corona/

OME