Dubbo to Caloundra

rhtrudder

I'm in the same boat as you rhtrudder, I don't have a current medical or GA BFR so no CTA approval for me, which means that you can't fly the western vfr route past Cooly, (showing my age there) its in CTA, did Caboolture to Evans Head a few months back, remaining OCTA to the west puts you over very nasty terrain for about 10 mins, not sure I'd do that again, airmanship zero, but I remained legal, not having CTA approval forces us, RAA pilots to fly over tiger country, its just Gold Coast, Coffs & Willytown that are the problem areas, lets hope for a rule change in the near future as stated by our current committee. Fly safe.080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

Guest SrPilot
Nah piece of cake, fly coastal down the coast to Bribie, cross Morton bay to Nth Stradbroke. Track south until Jacobs well, fly direct to Boonah, cross the great via Cunninghams Gap or the valley just north of Mount Barney that tracks towards Killarney. Then track south to Dubbo via Warick.

Mr. 38, you chaps have such interesting trips considering waypoints and all. If I were suggesting a trip from Greensboro to Ozark using airports as waypoints, I would end up with East to Marion, SE to Selma, E to Prattville, SE to Union Springs, S to Ozark. Not very colorful when compared to your routing what with waypoints like Bribie, Stradbroke, Boonah, Dubbo, Warick. 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif It just sounds more adventurous.

I'm in the same boat as you rhtrudder, I don't have a current medical or GA BFR so no CTA approval for me, which means that you can't fly the western vfr route past Cooly, (showing my age there) its in CTA, did Caboolture to Evans Head a few months back, remaining OCTA to the west puts you over very nasty terrain for about 10 mins, not sure I'd do that again, airmanship zero, but I remained legal, not having CTA approval forces us, RAA pilots to fly over tiger country, its just Gold Coast, Coffs & Willytown that are the problem areas, lets hope for a rule change in the near future as stated by our current committee. Fly safe.080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

I guess you have to head back inland before Gold Coast CTR at Heck field , tiger country doesn't worry me to much , but is there any military restricted zones between Heck Field and Warwick , What height do I come down the coast at and which frequency should I listen to .

Mr. 38, you chaps have such interesting trips considering waypoints and all. If I were suggesting a trip from Greensboro to Ozark using airports as waypoints, I would end up with East to Marion, SE to Selma, E to Prattville, SE to Union Springs, S to Ozark. Not very colorful when compared to your routing what with waypoints like Bribie, Stradbroke, Boonah, Dubbo, Warick. 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif It just sounds more adventurous.

USA sounds more adventurous, but why don't you "COME ON DOWN".

OK - as a new boy....what's "tiger country" mean?

Barryco

Tiger country means only tigers should be living down there

Inhospitable terrain, places you don't really want to be force landing in, bush and lots of it with limited if any options

A variation on some of the above........track to Clifton (just North of Warwick) and stop in to say hi to Trevor Bange and other club members (especially on weekends). Fuel is available but ring Trevor first. Then head down to Gatton and on to Watts Bridge (Bradfield and Coomiya strips are close to your track towards Watts Bridge), from there to Kilcoy then head east along the valley towards Woodford then NE over the Glass House Mountains to Caloundra. Plenty of strips to drop in on for a chat if in no hurry! Just give them a call first.

Guest SrPilot
USA sounds more adventurous, but why don't you "COME ON DOWN".

Well, I do - every time I get a chance to do so. I still have a lot of Australia to see. As far as adventurous, I cannot recall a camel ride, or Lorikeets landing on my wife fingertips to fingertips, or watching kangaroos, or diving the Great Barrier Reef, or climbing up the side of Uluru/Ayers Rock after photographing the neat display of colors from the rock as the sun rose, or going for a walk along Manly Beach or having tea and scones in Melbourne, or shopping for an Akubra in Alice Springs. But I've never seen Tasmania, Perth, or Darwin. Thanks for the invitation! I will try to return sooner than later.

CJ6A... Google says 375 nautical miles range...

With that you could probably do Canada-Greenland-Iceland-Faroes-UK-EU-Greece-Turkey-Cyprus-Egypt-Jordan-Saudi-Dubai-Oman-Pakistan-India-Bangladesh-Thailand-Indonesia-Australia-Dubbo-Caloundra

A little long perhaps, but possible.

Better grab a lottery ticket to cover the Handling and fuel fees. :D

• 2 weeks later...