747 banking on take off

From observing the flight spoilers, the initial roll left appears to be pilot induced, as were the following rolls. I suspect it was the pilot "farewelling" the airfield in a somewhat aggressive manner. He also appears to be pedalling the rudders quite aggressively.

• Agree 2

The latest brand new Boeing 747-8 Cargolux Airlines' freighter (call sign# CLX789; Regn No# LX-VCJ) performing a crazy wings swing-bye during take-off on its delivery flight from Paine field airport. Mostly all big heavies that get delivered from PAE do the 'wing wave' as a thankful gesture during delivery flight to their destination airbase but, they do so only when they have climbed to almost 2000 ft or higher and attained a sufficient speed. The 'wing wave' is mostly done to say goodbye as the airplane will never see the home airport again (where it was made). But in this case, surprisingly, the Cargolux 747-8F performed it immediately after leaving the ground when it was too low and at slower speed which appeared to be quite dangerous and something very crazy/ unusual. This also shows the extreme maneuver capabilities of the newest version of the 'Queen of the skies'.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Pretty dumb and dangerous. Spoilers being out reduce performance and are progressive with stick position so he is using a lot of roll input. Doesn't appear to be any wind involved, except he would have the wind up me. Nev

• Haha 2

You usually derate the thrust to the TOW figures. Spoiler extension destroys a lot of lift so pretty rapid roll rate if you crank it in too much. Also sweep back and large tail can get out of synch if the aircraft slips Yaw/roll oscillations. I'm NOT impressed by that effort and wouldn't give him a job. Nev

It takes a very special kind of pilot to do that.

A rare species indeed.

Darwinius Pilotus

I expect the mere mortal human pilots were in shear awe at his/her skills. On landing I hope they gave him the credit he/she deserves, provided a security detail, comfy padded room and medication. Lets face it with such skills, Darwinius Pilotus is a direct threat to human existence as pilots and passengers.

Naturally he may also enjoy time in Club Fed, all expenses paid. Allowing him plenty of time to revel in being the worlds greatest pilot. We can even give him a live in tattooed physical therapist- called Bear.

Beware, it is bad enough been threatened to be replaced by a robot.

But by another species that does not have to obey the laws of physics- it is beyond the pale. Millions of jobs will be lost, Darwinius Pilotus - does not need science to fly,no aircraft repair or even training. And doesn't even need rules.

How can us mere mortal humans compete. We must be realistic about the existential threat to humanity of Darwinius Pilotus. We must capture and detain all members of this species to prevent them breeding.

It takes a very special kind of pilot to do that.A rare species indeed.

Darwinius Pilotus

I expect the mere mortal human pilots were in shear awe at his/her skills. On landing I hope they gave him the credit he/she deserves, provided a security detail, comfy padded room and medication. Lets face it with such skills, Darwinius Pilotus is a direct threat to human existence as pilots and passengers.

Naturally he may also enjoy time in Club Fed, all expenses paid. Allowing him plenty of time to revel in being the worlds greatest pilot. We can even give him a live in tattooed physical therapist- called Bear.

Beware, it is bad enough been threatened to be replaced by a robot.

But by another species that does not have to obey the laws of physics- it is beyond the pale. Millions of jobs will be lost, Darwinius Pilotus - does not need science to fly,no aircraft repair or even training. And doesn't even need rules.

How can us mere mortal humans compete. We must be realistic about the existential threat to humanity of Darwinius Pilotus. We must capture and detain all members of this species to prevent them breeding.[/QU