ADF Training goes to East Sale.

red750

I expect Barnaby Joyce spat his wheeties when he heard, as per usual was probably kept out of the loop.

This will probably be the tipping point for Tony Windsor to commit to the next election.

The LNP are really on the nose up in his electorate and Tony Windsor is still much loved by many.

Maybe time for Barnaby to throw a colleague under the bus and swap to another electorate.

The whys of the Sale decision won't cut the mustard for the Tamworth voters. Can't help after the big mine problems.

• Like 1

It naturally won't improve defence other than provide some air training. But the reality , facts and such have no place when this government does a budget.

If it is defence related then rationale is not needed. If it is Spooks or Kooks- then just put out your hand and the golden bucket flows.

And most importantly money will go to votes for the next erection.

I would have thought that Tamworth was better location for training. I have never lived at Sale or Tamworth but from what I do know about the weather Tamworht would allow many more hours VFR per year. It doesn't say much for governments waffle about looking after regional areas. Sale is just about a suburb of melbourne a far as I can see.

I would have thought that Tamworth was better location for training. I have never lived at Sale or Tamworth but from what I do know about the weather Tamworht would allow many more hours VFR per year. It doesn't say much for governments waffle about looking after regional areas. Sale is just about a suburb of melbourne a far as I can see.

Yenn,

A suburb 210kms east of Melbourne, so not quite a suburb.

As for flying around Sale, I live there and I work away 6 months of the year 3 weeks on & 3 weeks off and I still average over 100 hrs a year as a lowly rec pilot so the weather may not be as bad as you may think.

East Sale RAAF base fly Monday to Friday, currently activate at 08:45 and deactivate at 17:00 unless night flying ops are on & deactivate currently on a Friday around 14:00,

Only see them activate the airspace on the rarest occasions on a weekend when a big jet or some VIP comes in and that may only be for 30 mins, I have seen that twice in 11 years but mind you i only see half the weekends too.

All I am hoping is the don't clamp down more on the airspace when it expands, maybe they will give us plebs of the RAA access to the GA VFR lanes currently available to them for us to use to get the hell out of dodge while they train, as we are currently only able to fly before 08:45 weekdays and after 5 and every weekend basically, hence that is why I love daylight savings that you Banana benders don't like.

Alf

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

And I had thought that ALL the Mexicans had moved North of the boarder!

deactivate currently on a Friday around 14:00

Cant comment on Sale but, Tindal you could set your watch to the early Friday knock off 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif... Lucky buggers

And I had thought that ALL the Mexicans had moved North of the boarder!

Cant comment on Sale but, Tindal you could set your watch to the early Friday knock off 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif... Lucky buggers

Only the silly ones moved north Ben and amazing how many come back

• Agree 2

No need for CTA at Tamworth if ADF gone.More airfields for RAA

I wouldn't mind if tamworth went back to a CTAF, actually that would benefit me immensely BUT I don't think that will happen in a hurry. Even if bae fold up their operation there (supposing they don't find another big client) I think we will still see it as controlled. I don't think anyone in government would be silly enough to remove the CTA as that would be seen as another reduction of services which wouldn't sit well.

• Agree 2