Liberty XL-2 Forced landing west of Camden

From the Macarthur Chronicle

Thursday October 29, 2015 1:03pm

Peter Way Macarthur Chronicle Camden

A light aircraft has been forced into an emergency landing near Camden airport at about noon today.

The aircraft lost engine power and had to make a forced landing at Brownlow Hill, Camden police said.

The plane came down about 2.5km west of Camden Airport.

Emergency services are at the scene.

Camden Police crime manager Detective Inspector Jayne Doherty said she believed no one was killed in the crash.

“The plane has been reasonably damaged,” she said.

Checked the gossip at Camden Airport and the story goes that the trim was wound full forward.

I suppose the pilot was doing circuits and bumps and forgot to re-trim after landing. Cockpit overload.

OME

I wonder what an unreasonably damaged plane looks like?. Looks as if the trim is full forward. Well that should get you down. The other way it would want to go up. Don't you people study your BAK? Nev

I wonder what an unreasonably damaged plane looks like?. Looks as if the trim is full forward. Well that should get you down. The other way it would want to go up. Don't you people study your BAK? Nev

with respect as I have only speculation..............that as the elevator is quite neutral and the trim tab is fully Up , that as an attempt to get a hopeful measure of up elevation on very jambed elevator ?? Or am I being fanciful . 035_doh.gif.37538967d128bb0e6085e5fccd66c98b.gif

Cherk, what you say is possible in theory. A trim tab that small wouldn't have much effect as a sole control of pitch IF the elevator was jammed in position close to the neutral position. The tab would continue to load the elevator at speed and that plus any physical input might amount to a lot of force. If it released you would need a quick reversal of applied manual force and retrim. Nev