Board Members being replaced Paid Directors

Keith Page

I hate IPads. Life is supposed to be easier with these know all I -Pads with their auto correct. The last phrase is:- Not a police state.Sorry about that, had to be corrected or turbo would rip strips off me.

Regards,

KP.

We knew what you meant Keith.

• Agree 1

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I am a bit suspicious here.

* There is a special general meeting being called and there is little information out regarding this event.

(1) Is it to get the new constitution through? If that is so, must be something dodgy in the new constitution. Just a thought.

(2) The other when the board is reduced to 7 sounds like they will be paid directors. I thought RAAus had to reduce costs hence the magazine as we know it went west.

How are the directors going to be paid?

Where will the funds come from?

RAAus is going broke???

OR!!!!!????????.

Are the members fees going through the roof?

The other part I have heard, There has been a lot of money spent on the female pilots programme, Wonder how true it is? Good program however not that larger spend.

We are not being told a thing.

Has anyone else been informed as to what or where those happenings are heading.

What for an unknown destination?

Regards

KP.

KP: Can I suggest you phone Mike the President with exactly these questions.

We keep getting told how open this board are and how they are trying to improve communication, but everytime someone asks a question they get told the same thing. Ring the CEO or Ring the President.

If the board were communicating properly we should not need to.

If they care to send out a text about a special general meeting what would be so hard to send an email explaining it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Shags_j, they have yapped and yapped how they are going to be so transparent.. ---- " Nothing like the old board". This mob are worse.

Would not be hard to explain things with communications. I read the last months presidents report bragging how good the modern communication is so no need for state based reps. A state base rep has a real feal for the local members. If one calls the southern people we only get woffle as they do not have that local feel.

What I say why not explain themselves not delegate the task of explaining to others.

Straight from the horses mouth is the go.

What is being hidden.

Regards,

KP

• Like 2

The members need to be alerted as things are not good.

Hence the members need to get their thinking caps.

Have them thinking about this massive spending program when the magazine was toooooooo expensive.

KP

No argument re transparency however if the board is not on this forum how do they know what to answer?

Don't get me wrong, with this being the main forum for us i would have hoped most of the board was on here but it doesn't seem so.

No argument re transparency however if the board is not on this forum how do they know what to answer?Don't get me wrong, with this being the main forum for us i would have hoped most of the board was on here but it doesn't seem so.

Does not matter if the board is here or not. Just get the members up to speed as to, there could be some shananagans going on. Case of open your eyes and ears then they can make an honest informed choice.

What interests me, why no official reason for the special general meeting?

Some one on this forum knows.

KP

The general meeting 14 May 2016 in Canberra has been on the radar for months - see the RAA email of 1st Feb 2016 - with a promise to circulate special resolutions to members. Since then there has been much discussion on matters coming before it - constitutional reform for example.

Keith, you are in the Southern Qld area, but you say about Southern reps "we only get woffle .." this might indicate that regional representation isn't working for you? What you want on the board are good communicators who have time and money to get around the members. I think you would agree that the late Major Millard was a board member who served not only Nth Qld, but the wider membership with his open communication and technical knowledge. Jim Tatlock was an excellent treasurer and I appreciated seeing the finances every month. A few years back some of the Board and even an Executive member didn't want his contact details released to members, so no one could annoy him - effectively cutting off any regional representation for a whole swathe of members. I don't know what the answer is, apart from getting good candidates to stand for election, but at least it is being discussed.

Members - Participate 14th May (in person, by proxy, or by video link) and have your say, vote on it, or send it back for a rethink.

Sue

• Informative 1

• 4 weeks later...

I thought I would revisit this thread.

I just wonder if there is something in this paid director issue?

For me there are some concealed issues, we just have to identify them.

Regards,

KP

I thought I would revisit this thread.I just wonder if there is something in this paid director issue?

For me there are some concealed issues, we just have to identify them.

Regards,

KP

I suggest your time would be better spent looking for the Mahogany Ship, or the Gympie Pyramid or perhaps Elvis.

• Haha 4