Newbie here

huppypuppy

Hi folks,

Joe Hupp from Dubbo, NSW, Australia here - am a newbie to this forum! I am an aviation enthusiast with a love for rotary wing aircraft (helicopters).

I have been into helicopters since July 2006 - I first flew as a passenger in a Bell 206B-3 JetRanger III turbine helicopter with a company over at Mudgee. I also have flown (as a passenger) in a Robinson R44 Raven II piston helicopter with a friend from Orange.... love the little R44 as it's a fairly versatile machine. I'm looking at getting my recreational pilot's licence one day - I have a neighbour who is ex-RAAF and runs his own school using only Legend Cubs as a trainer.....

Looking forward to talking to you all as time goes on!

Joe

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Welcome Huppy

I love what helicopters can do and have enjoyed the few flights in them that I have had but unfortunately my budget falls far short of what would be needed to get the licence let alone the cost of owning/operating one:crying:. Anyway I have settled for the next best thing and am a stol fan:thumb up:

I hope you enjoy the forum, a lot of good info here although often hidden in some dribble:wink:

• Like 2

Hi folks,Joe Hupp from Dubbo, NSW, Australia here - am a newbie to this forum! I am an aviation enthusiast with a love for rotary wing aircraft (helicopters).

I have been into helicopters since July 2006 - I first flew as a passenger in a Bell 206B-3 JetRanger III turbine helicopter with a company over at Mudgee. I also have flown (as a passenger) in a Robinson R44 Raven II piston helicopter with a friend from Orange.... love the little R44 as it's a fairly versatile machine. I'm looking at getting my recreational pilot's licence one day - I have a neighbour who is ex-RAAF and runs his own school using only Legend Cubs as a trainer.....

Joe

Welcome! Go for it mate.

Welcome to the forum.

Like you i am new here....and a Helicopter pilot.

I fly both rotary and fixed wing.

Helicopters for work, and a fixed wing piper seneca to travel for business.

Looking to replace the seneca soon though.

• Like 2

Hi folks,Joe Hupp from Dubbo, NSW, Australia here - am a newbie to this forum! I am an aviation enthusiast with a love for rotary wing aircraft (helicopters).

Joe

Hi Joe: 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif to Forum.

Welcome Joe, have you thought about starting any rotary wing flight training?.

I have done a TIF with the wonderful Gavin Morgan from Precision Helicopters up in sunny Coffs Harbour (my avatar is from that flight) - it's a hell of a lot harder than it looks!

Hi Joe and welcome,

there's a mob in my area that teaches rotary (Lismore) and been playing with the idea of going up in a whirly bird to see how it compares to fix wing:smile:

I have done a TIF with the wonderful Gavin Morgan from Precision Helicopters up in sunny Coffs Harbour (my avatar is from that flight) - it's a hell of a lot harder than it looks!

I bet it is Joe, but that's the fun isn't it? The challenge, then the feeling you get when you overcome it! Then you learn more for you to overcome... This aviation stuff is awesome isn't it?

I bet it is Joe, but that's the fun isn't it? The challenge, then the feeling you get when you overcome it! Then you learn more for you to overcome... This aviation stuff is awesome isn't it?

Not wrong there - it's the same with guys with old trucks..... the bug bites and it bites hard! Then there's Mack truck guys - they get bitten by a dawg!

I suppose you would have to sit down carefully in a Thornycroft, or scarper in a Scammel, or to be sure the sun comes up tomorrow, have an Albion. Nev

Not wrong there, Nev - knowing a few folks with those fine English lorries!