Drifter WB 912

c722352

And what an awesome training machine that'll be now. 2000 hr TBO does solve the biggest issue using Drifters in a flying school.

Hope the certificate come easily and many others follow your example.

Great work

JimG

Good .. Have you done a full W&B on it? Nev

Full weight and balance done. Had to have a 21M engineer report, increase in MTOW from 430kg to 450kg. just to name a few things we had to comply to.

• Like 1

Thanks. I would imagine the engine changed it somewhat. Does the pitch trim change much with power change? Nev

long as you have about 95 kg in the drivers seat no change. we do have a min 90 kg now for the pilot.

That was a major problem for me with most pushers i was too light for them and need a pallet of house bricks under the seat. Prevented impromptu flights in them.

Stays the same, only the min has been adjusted

How dose that apply?.... If I`m correct! the aircraft would have originally been certified, with a rotax 503 engine, with the Max front seat weight being, 92 kg.

MTOW has been increased by 20 kg! Has the size (strength) of any of the wires, been increased and has there been any strengthening to other parts of the airframe?......Just interested!

Frank.

How dose that apply?.... If I`m correct! the aircraft would have originally been certified, with a rotax 503 engine, with the Max front seat weight being, 92 kg.MTOW has been increased by 20 kg! Has the size (strength) of any of the wires, been increased and has there been any strengthening to other parts of the airframe?......Just interested!

Frank.

I will go out on a limb here, the way I see the new rules if you want to re-engine your aircraft and have alot of cash to throw at it for engineers reports etc. you may have a case for an increase in pilot weight, originally the drifter was certified to fill a certain spot at the time, it has evolved over the years and hopefully what we have done will continue this theme.

• Like 2