RAA removes age restriction

fly_tornado

OK well there's one black hole in the instructor network.

If students are not made aware of the regulations they are required to fly under, it's not surprising they go to aviation sites for help, or make up their own rules.

TP, you seem to be assuming that people don't know what the law is, rather than assuming they know what the law is and choose to ignore it.

As someone once said... "Laws are for the adherence of fools and the guidance of wise men" (or words to that effect).

TP, you seem to be assuming that people don't know what the law is, rather than assuming they know what the law is and choose to ignore it.As someone once said... "Laws are for the adherence of fools and the guidance of wise men" (or words to that effect).

That's OK, CASA usually sends an FOI to get the wankers.

• Informative 1

I wonder what has changed since 2012? Is there a slow down in the training sector?

That sounds a bit cynical FT? Not like the FT of old who always looked on the bright side :-)

In fact, a well intended but flawed decision was taken in 2012 and reversed in 2015. I am acutely aware as I voted in 2012 for the restriction and for the removal of the restriction in 2015. Older and a tiny bit wiser perhaps?

• Like 1

I like the idea of an active democracy, my theory is that you should stand up for your rights whenever you can instead of letting some other bozo carry the burden.

The board obviously felt that this issue was denying pilots some freedoms.

I would love the year by year breakdown of RAA pilots aged 15.

• Like 1