JABIRU 2016 UPDATE

JEM

Thanks for the copy/paste of the letter that had no relevance to my question. My question was "DO YOU" {your opinion! not CASA's } think it prudent to include a flat tyre, a crook radio, carburetor flooding, shorted cigarette lighter socket" etc. That was my question. Your statement was that your thought CASA's action were prudent.

Oh by the way I didn't realise CASA had put limitations on Ford, International Harvester, Chrysler and Leyland. Thanks for enlightening us all on that fact ?????

• Like 1
  • Caution 1

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All aircraft engines in atsb report exceeded casa interpretation of the faa info, it was never a limit anyway but a way to assess reliability from fatal accident reports.

We did approach casa regarding info, they refused, foi and expense made that data available

But you know all that, its been said more than a few times already

Turbo, I have given you facts previously and in case you don't remember ! Casa were questioned about the facts, the statistics ! RAA put in an FOI and failed, I put in an FOI and succeeded ! Casa would not previously give any information and the SASAO department would not answer all my questions ! The media spokesperson for Casa did not have the answers either and passed it back to SASAO ! RAA did not get proper answers either ! The best thing ever was to make this political because that is what it is really about ! Casa can do what it wants without Satisfactory evidence or correct process ! Casa are a dictatorship that is out of control ! Safety is not really a concern, it seems they want to put all aircraft manufacturers out of buisness and they are succeeding !

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Sorry Turbs, As OP I did not post the last 4 paras from your post 674 "you can obtain........any other aero engine". See Post No 1 this thread. You or someone else must have added this. Don't attribute this to me. I own a Jabiru and fly it regularly.

The quotation marks start at "Just...and end at aircraft"

My question was "DO YOU" {your opinion! not CASA's } think it prudent to include a flat tyre, a crook radio, carburetor flooding, shorted cigarette lighter socket" etc.

Of course I don't think it would be prudent; it would show absolute incompetence, and if you read CASA's statements, they patiently explain the source material they considered (source being SUPPLIED TO THEM)

Oh by the way I didn't realise CASA had put limitations on Ford, International Harvester, Chrysler and Leyland. Thanks for enlightening us all on that fact ?????

No CASA didn't, the common denominator was not CASA, but public liability.