JABIRU 2016 UPDATE

JEM

Turbs, if you reverse your own argument , you will have to state, on the basis of postings here, with one person supporting CASA, that one in 9000 people support CASA.If there are 9 people who posted against CASA, that means 90% are against CASA and 10% for. If 21 supported O'Sullivan and one opposed him, then that indicates about 95% support.

Of course it also shows lots of people are lazy. Big surprise huh?

You would be grasping at a straw if you thought that statistic was going to have any bearing on the inevitable outcome when the Senators ask the questions, having prepared them based on what they have been told, and the documents that CASA place before the Senators, and then the following questions.

The 9 people are not up against me, they're up against CASA, and the clock is ticking.

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was obvious that Skidmore had not been taken through the data by his staff, because he claimed that the Runcorn out-of-fuel incident 'would have been removed' from the raw data set before it was compiled into the CASA list - and it wasn't. ( see CASA PULSE NO 2434 in the data sheet. Also duplicate entries counted in the total: see CASA Pulse No.s 2314 and 2315, and two with no PULSE No., no accurate date, both 05/14, both listed as 'top spring washer failure'.

I wonder if there was blistering on the paint in Skidmore's office when he had the 'list' presented for his inspection?

• Agree 2

Skidmore and a LEGAL person? Anyone there actually know anything about engines? Has Skidmore been set up? Nev

The possibility that Skidmore has been set-up is very far from fantastic, or the product of an over-heated imagination. It is worth reading the section entitled 'Palace Revolution' ( and about the preceeding half page at least) in:

http://proaviation.com.au/2014/02/22/proaviations-submission-to-the-asrr/

[/url]

The Liberal Party have re-endorsed Senator O'Sullivan to be in the top 3 candidates for the Senate Ticket in this years election.Anyone heard anything ?056_headset.gif.8e2503279a37389023f4d903d46b667a.gif

The young bloke who got elected to Malcolm Frasers old seat, Wannon, has been very quiet.

The young bloke who got elected to Malcolm Frasers old seat, Wannon, has been very quiet.

I was thinking of Andrew Broad, actually the current Member for Mallee in western Victoria. He flies a Brumby.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/mp-andrew-broad-is-the-flyin-pollie/news-story/800dc41fd0d584e8428677a353d3a691

Don't worry, you'll get very little information on a Member's true performance on a forum. Some of the very best are virtually submarines, but real powerhouses for good, and that's ojn all sides of the Houses.

Now I'm confused.I thought the "Young Bloke" who was elected at the last election was

Wyatt Roy because he was still in his teens, with heaps of experience

Broad flies a plane and is about 40. I don't know if Roy flies a plane. He is about 25.

Those politicians who sail in submarines might be attacking quietly and with stealth but might, also, be skiving off.

Oscar i legitimat

It was obvious that Skidmore had not been taken through the data by his staff, because he claimed that the Runcorn out-of-fuel incident 'would have been removed' from the raw data set before it was compiled into the CASA list - and it wasn't. ( see CASA PULSE NO 2434 in the data sheet. Also duplicate entries counted in the total: see CASA Pulse No.s 2314 and 2315, and two with no PULSE No., no accurate date, both 05/14, both listed as 'top spring washer failure'.I wonder if there was blistering on the paint in Skidmore's office when he had the 'list' presented for his inspection?

ely think you ought to request a 20 min phone interview to brief the senator

I think you are not to far off the money,"Not going well for CASA". I would like to see a transcript.

My question, how come CASA acted of the Jab engine and now they do not know what is wrong with the engine?

That was revealed in that last recorded government enquiry. If one acts on something one knows what is exactly what is wrong..

Or did they go off half cocked on someone else's advice.????

For my way of reasoning RAA is involved with this saga as well. When the director was asked, What is the source of your information? The director answered :- ATSB, RAA and our enquires. "Our enquires":- that information would have come from RAA not hard to work that one out.

Regards

KP.

I would love to be that fly.

It is obvious that Barry O'Sullivan is well briefed and educated regarding the subject.

CASA are trying to get out of the situation without revealing the main source of the information.

Regards,

KP.

My take is a sort of exact opposite one.

That is ... They actually did not have adequate evidence ...

But now they are being called to task and asked "what evidence did you have to act in such a deleterious way toward jabiru? "

They are actually trying tell everyone they had heaps from ATSB RAAus and other sources.

Of course the evidence from these sources is:

The ATSB report which did come out prior to the instrument showed:

Jabiru engines in VH registered aircraft were safer ( yes SAFER) than Rotax engines.

That Rotax engines also exceeded the benchmark failure rate by 1.55 times

Jabiru engines in RAAus aircraft ( all engine types, all ages, no specifying whether they had been upgraded or S/Bs complied with ) were 2.63 times the benchmark ( ie 1.7 times failure rate of Rotax - not the 2-3 times the rate of the "comparable engine" ( assumed to be Rotax) as they blatantly stated to the senate enquiry )

The RAAus data has been conclusively shown to not have been in CASAs possession till AFTER they wrote and enacted the restriction - they sought that data when they were asked to justify their restriction.

The "other sources" appears to have been disgruntled voices in the industry, competitors and other noises such as websites and forums. None of whom had any data other than anecdotal stories.

• Like 4

Jaba-who, The RAA data to CASA is the only difference I have with your summary. The rest you get 100%.

Yes the competitors making a noise and they were listened to.

It is going to be very interesting when the mess is sorted and who is going to hung out to dry. We will be surprised who is going to be dried. Barry O'Sullivan is not going to give up till those people are exposed and they need to be. Jabiru is an Australian business and needs to be helped.

There is some much moaning about foreign buy outs in Australia.

Regards,

KP.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

Old Koreelah.. I hope he escapes it. He is a decent person.

There are some grubs about who need rapping they are hiding behind some banners when they are exposed they need to named in every news paper in Australia. Regardless of their standing in the community, named.

KP.

• Agree 1

My take is a sort of exact opposite one.That is ... They actually did not have adequate evidence ...

But now they are being called to task and asked "what evidence did you have to act in such a deleterious way toward jabiru? "

They are actually trying tell everyone they had heaps from ATSB RAAus and other sources.

Of course the evidence from these sources is:

The ATSB report which did come out prior to the instrument showed:

Jabiru engines in VH registered aircraft were safer ( yes SAFER) than Rotax engines.

That Rotax engines also exceeded the benchmark failure rate by 1.55 times

Jabiru engines in RAAus aircraft ( all engine types, all ages, no specifying whether they had been upgraded or S/Bs complied with ) were 2.63 times the benchmark ( ie 1.7 times failure rate of Rotax - not the 2-3 times the rate of the "comparable engine" ( assumed to be Rotax) as they blatantly stated to the senate enquiry )

The RAAus data has been conclusively shown to not have been in CASAs possession till AFTER they wrote and enacted the restriction - they sought that data when they were asked to justify their restriction.

The "other sources" appears to have been disgruntled voices in the industry, competitors and other noises such as websites and forums. None of whom had any data other than anecdotal stories.

You and Keith need to relax a bit; the dates on the key documents will speak for themselves.

I would expect continuing correspondence to be flowing after the date, and perhaps you are talking about updates of earlier documents.

I think you might find the Rotax figures you are referring to include two strokes used in smaller aircraft; they grossly contradict the ratio from 2007 to 2012.

Regardless of that, if any engine, Jabiru, Rotax, or anything else exceeds the FAA benchmark which CASA told the Senators they rely on, then even a result of 1.001 times the benchmark requires remedial action.

We already had some colourful comments of who won the round in the Senate Chamber where the Senators raised the subject of Jabiru and used notes and the CASA people had to go from memory. I'd like to see the result after all the documents have been laid on the table.

Just my personal feeling with no evidence or intent meant.

If one was to do a search on this site for the most anti Jab comments, it may shed some light on the possible sources of "Our own investigations" comment from CASA.

A witch hunt would probably be a backward step, IMHO.

PHIL.