JABIRU 2016 UPDATE

JEM

Yes there is workers comp. You need to pay out lots of money ( see insuperable obstacle number 1 ) and then trust the insurers not to double-cross you when they can afford litigation and you can't.

There was a farmer in the district who got a lawyers letter demanding millions. I reckon he would have won in court as the employee was disobeying instructions when he hurt himself.

We will never know because the farmer was not mentally tough and he had a breakdown from the stress.

This fear of litigation is the most jobs-destroying thing of all. A jobs-creating government would stop people like me being afraid to employ somebody .

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes there is workers comp. You need to pay out lots of money ( see insuperable obstacle number 1 ) and then trust the insurers not to double-cross you when they can afford litigation and you can't.There was a farmer in the district who got a lawyers letter demanding millions. I reckon he would have won in court as the employee was disobeying instructions when he hurt himself.

We will never know because the farmer was not mentally tough and he had a breakdown from the stress.

This fear of litigation is the most jobs-destroying thing of all. A jobs-creating government would stop people like me being afraid to employ somebody .

That's why we have current Cv's before employment plus a thorough follow up of referees.

Buyer beware comes to mind.

I have in the past felt some empathy for out of work employees BUT from experience I now stick to my rules.

This is probably hard to follow if employing a casual worker for a few days, which I think your post may refer to.

Just my opinion.

PHIL.

• Like 1

Turbs has just discovered information that some of us have known - and been working with - for at least eight months. Give him a break - he's been pushing his barrow within the fog of no actual information and myopia for a vast amount of time, while the reality train has long since disappeared into the distance.

Well I'd just checked the number of anti CASA individuals, and on this thread they're down to about 9 out of 9,000; I did a rough count of the people who said they'd contacted the Senators, and that came to about 21 - roughly 1/3 of the objectors in a local council planning issue, out of 9,000, so I'd just decided to sit back and wait it out as everything unfolded over the next few weeks, when this post came in like a fart in a crowded room.

Let's just apply a bit of logic Oscar; if I had just discovered information that you had known about eight months ago, I would be saying the same as you, but of course I'm not.

If there's some sort of "I found it first race here", I confirmed my first facts on April 29, 2012 following discussions by various people on this forum. They have never been disputed.

You'll find me saying the same thing I'm saying now, around July 2014, a bit more than eight months ago. Amusingly enough, you were onto it then also, because you had a spray at someone.

What we've been debating is all a bit late now, because it may not even come up in the direction things are taking; what will count is whether CASA's identification of a risk was justified, and whether the action they took was appropriate/too much/not enough, and that discussion could be a Pandora's Box where a lot of other unwanted things could come out.

• Agree 1
  • Caution 1

Well I'd just checked the number of anti CASA individuals, and on this thread they're down to about 9 out of 9,000

I have never posted on this subject, does this put me in the 9000? How do you know if I am "anti CASA or not"?

I also have not posted in support of Jabiru, this does not mean that I am anti jabiru. Pretty faulty logic.

The numbers posted, as against posited, were based on a quick flick through this thread, gandalph, and are of no significance, other than to confirm the reason for my decision.

Well, my patrician pen pal, at the risk of plunging into pedantry and possibly peeing you off, I'd postulate that you postited that piffle when you posted them. I picked on them principally because I prefer pfacts to pfantasy.

Whered the 9000 come from?

Need sourceand stats

Who originally devised these numbers, thats the key......

If youd recall most here agree that some action is required on this issue but not the way casa has handled it.

As predicted it has achieved nothing, no safety improvements, no upgrades, same engines flying around

Turning into a simple pro or negative toward casa or jabiru is childish

Well, my patrician pen pal, at the risk of plunging into pedantry and possibly peeing you off, I'd postulate that you postited that piffle when you posted them. I picked on them principally because I prefer pfacts to pfantasy.

Some spelling lessons perhaps?

Oh No! Now look what you have done Turbs ...... You have 'P'ed Gandalf off.

• Haha 4

I think its worse if Skidmore has built and maintained his own plane than if he was just a military jock who was used to endless government money and no work to do while waiting for WW3. He can't use the excuse of ignorance .... What did he build and where does he fly it?

The government is pretty bad too. Jobs like Jabiru generated, high-tech manufacturing with significant exports , should be thought of like gold. Yet here we have an arm of the government using taxpayer-funded incompetents to finish them off.

It's very hard to create real private-enterprise jobs these days... I can't do it on a sheep farm. Now in South Australia we are looking at Whyalla steel-works closing down, and the SA treasurer says a government bailout will be cheaper than paying the welfare. And here they are giving Jabiru the opposite of a fair go.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

At least Dick Smith flys just about everything. I don't think the entrenched CASA staff, particularly like base aces from the $300 mill per fighter plane set. How would that background be correct for the job?. Likewise airline management where they think they have the power of God over everyone but when they retire or walk out in the street they are ordinary mortals, (hopefully). For some it's a big adjustment to treat people as having opinions worth considering, if they differ from your own. Nev

• Agree 3

What the rest of the world believes doesn't change anything. As they say "you can believe what you like' but don't force me to believe the same. While cutting off the heads of those who don't /won't believe may seem like a significant bit of motivation , but it wouldn't make an iota of difference to the reality or otherwise of the situation. It just shows insecurity at best and an outrageous intolerance of others at worst. Nev

Turbs, if you reverse your own argument , you will have to state, on the basis of postings here, with one person supporting CASA, that one in 9000 people support CASA.

If there are 9 people who posted against CASA, that means 90% are against CASA and 10% for. If 21 supported O'Sullivan and one opposed him, then that indicates about 95% support.

Of course it also shows lots of people are lazy. Big surprise huh?