Where to look when ERSA is no help

Gday all,

Noticed a few local fields are missing from my ERSA and ozrumways doesn't appear to have any runway info either on a few.

What other methods or sites do you use on planning if you hit a snag like this? One field in question is Texas, Qld.

Nick

At work we have an ALA guide with info from operating experience but most of that info started from the "strip guides" that you can buy, bout $50 from memory and serve a state each. I'll have a look online for a link and check my stuff to see if I have Texas.

https://www.airservicesaustralia.com/store/html.asp?/bookweb/details.cgi?ITEMNO=CAGQ

That's the link for the strip guide and I don't have Texas here now I can check at work next week if you like. Also sometimes the pilot notes section of ozrunways will have at least runway designator, surface and length.

• Like 1

Phone the operator, Goondiwindi Regional Council.

type

Unlicensed

elevation

980ft

permission

Courtesy call 07 4652 0200

rwys

09/27 grass 1000m

frequencies

FIA BN 126.8

procedures

3% slope down to W. Fence with markers at 09 threshold. Strip soft after continual rain. Beware trees, fences & powerlines. Park near windsock. Dry weather strip only.

windsock

S side at 27 threshold

Kaz

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Texas is available in ozrunways but I don't have the relevant subscription. I do subscribe to the pilots touring guide but this must be a different one again.[ATTACH=full]41252[/ATTACH]

Yea I can't access it either and I thought I had everything. Most of the times tho if it's not listed in the ERSA there isn't alott of info listed

Yea I can't access it either and I thought I had everything. Most of the times tho if it's not listed in the ERSA there isn't alott of info listed

I just logged onto ozrunways website and found the AOPA airfield directory there as an extra subscription so I added it on and now Texas and a lot of other little airstrips works:thumb up:

image.jpg.d964571f5837057fc73ece296970a916.jpg

• Winner 2

That's what I thought I had, I must be mistaken.

I have only signed up for the premium and I can confirm that I get the AOPA information.

From OzRunways website.

Australia Premium Subscription

All Australian data in one subscription as well as the backup tablet option. Incredible value for your EFB.

• Like 1

Yes I think when mine comes up for renewal I will look a bit more seriously at the premium. I don't need the IFR stuff though so will weigh up the costs when it is all due. (May I think) seeing as my renewal is due in May I only had to pay 13$ for the remainder of my subscription time for the AOPA airfields but I didn't take note of the exact cost for the year.

On a side note it was immediately available, as soon as I filled out the details on their website I opened up ozrunways straight away and it was all working.012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

• Like 1

I paid for premium and got the AOPA stuff. I was unaware of the backup tablet part, was wondering why the new iPad mini worked without paying more.

Anyway, NICK, when I was doing my PPL there was several ALA's that we visited that were not in the ERSA, but required the AOPA directory. The club had a copy, but I figured that it was worth spending the extra on OzRunways to have a copy myself. I have since used it several times. Sometimes there will be an ERSA entry for an ALA, but the AOPA one has better information.