North Queensland Board Member

Keith Page

Will be a short term anyway - the position is up for re-election before the AGM (when Maj Millard's term would have expired). To explain - the Nth Qld rep was elected for a two year term, when the incumbent died it triggered a casual vacancy - more than one nominated, so a "by-election" for a replacement is currently underway. The delay is due to nominations, then the postal voting system. The person elected will be a board member until his term finishes at the AGM in October this year.

Nth Qld is north of a line that runs through Moranbah, so includes Weipa, Mt.Isa, Mackay, Townsville, Cairns, Torres Strait Islands.675227792_NthQld.jpg.60113fbbaee7dacf48daeef987ce7df8.jpg

• Informative 1

I haven't seen the transition arrangements but the board might not survive beyond the end of June if the new constitution gets up. It is not the first time the board has cancelled an election.

It appears the desire of the proponents that the new organisation takes over from the old at the end of this financial year. Where that leaves the old board is interesting. How they propose conducting an election to the new board before July is still a mystery. Perhaps, get the special meeting to appoint the new board but importantly, who will be appointed, is still a mystery.

Maybe the NQ Rep will remain to take out the garbage from the old board.

• Haha 1

Is it May 4 already? Congrats frank

I thought I read the board would choose the 7, if more then 7 wish to conintue then the AGM decides? I'm not sure how voting will work under the new constitution, I thought the election of board members would be conducted at the AGM rather then by postal vote currently?

Is it May 4 already? Congrats frankI thought I read the board would choose the 7, if more then 7 wish to conintue then the AGM decides? I'm not sure how voting will work under the new constitution, I thought the election of board members would be conducted at the AGM rather then by postal vote currently?

You are saying "The board will select the 7"... I think that could be a general mutiny in the RAAus movement.

I will stick my neck on the line here if that is not a sign of mates brigade.

What is?

KP

The executive will continue as the new company directors, I assume 2 more will be elected at AGM 2016, then 2 at AGM 2017 to get to 7, maybe executive will then be up for election in 2018? Or maybe all directors will be elected at the AGM 2016, it's a bit vague.

• 2 weeks later...
The executive will continue as the new company directors, I assume 2 more will be elected at AGM 2016, then 2 at AGM 2017 to get to 7, maybe executive will then be up for election in 2018? Or maybe all directors will be elected at the AGM 2016, it's a bit vague.

Rhys,

As we now know from the proposed Special Resolution, Mick Monck, Tony King and I will be the initial Directors who sign the application for incorporation, etc. We, via the Company Secretary (Michael Linke), will call for nominations and run an election before 31 Dec 2016 to take the numbers on the Board up to at least 5 but no more than 7.

There will be no Executive on the new Board - no need with the smaller numbers. We will of course have a Board Chair elected by the Directors.

The first AGM of RAAus Ltd will be held in Oct 2017 at which 2 Directors (longest serving) retire but may stand for re-election.

Longest serving... Does time in the old association count or will all 3 former executive be considered equal time served (i.e. From the start of the new company)

Rhys,

The service as a Director of RAAus Ltd for the initial Directors commences from the date of incorporation.

All three will have equal service when the 2017 AGM deadline for retiring comes around. They will be the longest serving Directors of RAAus Ltd because the other Directors will have been appointed later following the election that is due before 31 Dec 2016.

In anticipation of retirement, the two that retire will need to accept nomination to be a candidate for the "General Election" in the second half of 2017 - if they wish to continue to serve as a Director.

I wonder if it counts as to who signs the application for incorporation first is the first Director appointed and therefore the longest serving of the three initial Directors? 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Not really, it will be a draw from the hat or one or two of of the three can volunteer to retire.

Don