North Queensland Board Member

Keith Page

I was out in digglies when the news arrived Frank Marriott is running for the Nth. Qld board position., now I am back in good reception I can type more on this trusted IPad.

Frank will go well on the board as no one will be able to put anything over Frank. At the moment the board really needs someone who can give excellent checks and balances. One has to have their house in order and all the ducks in order even before thinking about taking Frank on with an issue and Frank will not play politics.

Enough said will be great to see you on the board Frank.

Regards

KP.

• Like 1

F-V There are two others Alan Middleton he ran against Maj last time. A new one Luke Bayly he is from the coal fields somewhere. Alan Middleton from Weipa that is miles away.

Regards,

KP

Alan Middleton from Weipa that is miles away.

And just what do you mean by this Keith? Miles away from you? NQ is a big place

Perhaps this "local" bias shows a damn good reason to dispense with regionallly allocated Board members

Nothing against Frank by the way

• Like 3
  • Agree 3
  • Informative 1

Hell Timb,

I do not know your angle of thinking there however:-

I will expand on the miles away. First of all I myself am not in the equation. I was endeavouring to demonstrate how big Queensland is with just a few words without writing a novel about the subject.

Just imagine driving Melbourne to Weipa how big of a stubby trip that will be?

Oh "stubby trip" a measure of distance most used in qld to denote how far away a location is.

Regards

KP.

• Informative 2

And just what do you mean by this Keith? Miles away from you? NQ is a big placePerhaps this "local" bias shows a damn good reason to dispense with regionallly allocated Board members

I do not see you rushing up to Nth. Qld to give them a hand.

Like most things up there it is only self help they live on.

Regards,

KP

• Informative 1

And just what do you mean by this Keith? Miles away from you? NQ is a big placePerhaps this "local" bias shows a damn good reason to dispense with regionallly allocated Board members

I too was bemused with the "miles away".

I know neither Frank or Allan so I don't really have any skin in this one but I would have to say Weipa would be nearly the middle of North Queensland considering Townsville is the gateway to NQ.

I too was bemused with the "miles away".I know neither Frank or Allan so I don't really have any skin in this one but I would have to say Weipa would be nearly the middle of North Queensland considering Townsville is the gateway to NQ.

No Weipa would nearly be at the tip of Australia. (In Australian terms)

KP.

• Agree 1

KP if you are going to make a statement at least have the pebbles to stand behind it.

You partially back down then change your mind again in your last comment. It's ok to have an opinion but at least stand by it or correct yourself if you made an error.

I also do not know any of the candidates however showing biase as to where a person resides is not the way to go in MY opinion.

• Agree 2

No Weipa would nearly be at the tip of Australia. (In Australian terms)KP.

Keith we are specifically talking the North Queensland board position where that relates to as far as Australia goes isn't really a valid point.

It doesn't really worry me but IMO while we have board positions linked to certain areas then any member within that area should be eligible, if they are right on the border of any of those areas so what. I was just pointing out, as far as NQ is concerned, Weipa should be just as eligible as Townsville or Atherton or cairns or any other village up there.

• Agree 5

I too was bemused with the "miles away".I know neither Frank or Allan so I don't really have any skin in this one but I would have to say Weipa would be nearly the middle of North Queensland considering Townsville is the gateway to NQ.

It's all just a plane trip away...and in terms of communication no different.

Nice to see people wanting to do it. Get behind who ever wins. You don't get a say in how CASA does things. Nev

I agree with this sentiment, it is always good to see enough people with the interest to put their hands up and give people a choice. Elections in a club show a sense of commitment and strength imho.

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...