If you are disqualified from driving do you still fit the criteria to fly RAA

If you lost your motor vehicle licence... speeding , drunk driving....can you still fly as normal for RAA or do you have to notify RAA as you no longer fit the criteria of holding a current drivers licence?

In GA if you can't pass a medical you are out......is it the same in RAA with no car licence?

(and NO! I haven't lost my licence)

cheers

If you lost your motor vehicle licence... speeding , drunk driving....can you still fly as normal for RAA or do you have to notify RAA as you no longer fit the criteria of holding a current drivers licence?In GA if you can't pass a medical you are out......is it the same in RAA with no car licence?

(and NO! I haven't lost my licence)

cheers

I would say no...it is a requirement to have a valid drivers license, so I would say if you loose it for any reason you loose your RAAus certificate to fly as well..

David

You do not require a Drivers License. We have young pilot flying as PIC who are to young to hold a drivers licnese.

No person shall act as pilot in command of a recreational aeroplane

operated under the provisions of this manual and associated legislation

unless that person:

a.

is the holder of a valid Student Pilot Certificate or Pilot

Certificate, in the appropriate aeroplane Group, issued or

recognised by RA-Aus; and

b.

is medically fit to the following standards:

(1)

Student Pilot and Pilot Certificate holders - A medical

standard equivalent to that required to hold a private

motor vehicle driver’s licence in Australia (refer to

Section 2.16 - Medical requirements).

• Agree 6

12.4 health standard

1. Applicants for the issue of a Certificate are required to have a health standard equivalent to that required for the issue of a private motor vehicle driver licence in Australia; and ...etc

Read health standard equivalent to NOT hold motor vehicle licence.

• Agree 9
  • Informative 1

Thanks all,

we have two 15 year olds at our club that are fully qualified PIC.......so no motor vehicle licences. Was not sure if disqualification was different to not having one at all, cheers Butch

Just a little extra note, should some one have their drivers licence disqualied or recommended not to drive for medical reasons including mental illness then the RAA PC would be invalid. This has happened to someone I know.

• Agree 1

12.4 health standard

1. Applicants for the issue of a Certificate are required to have a health standard equivalent to that required for the issue of a private motor vehicle driver licence in Australia; and ...etc

Read health standard equivalent to NOT hold motor vehicle licence.

Good to see Frank, You answered it for the bush barristers.

Regards,

KP.

Just a little extra note, should some one have their drivers licence disqualied or recommended not to drive for medical reasons including mental illness then the RAA PC would be invalid. This has happened to someone I know.

In which case they would not meet the criteria of fitness to drive, which presumably then also applies to flying an RAA aircraft.

I don't think the ownership of a driving license comes into it.

• Agree 1